RKI Instruments GX-2012 Multi Gas Detector
Lightweight, intrinsically safe, and able to sample air from over 50 ft. away, the GX-2012 is a great choice for dependable 4-gas monitoring. The GX-2012 features micro-sensor technology that adds to the lightweight design. The ability to use it for gas line purge testing makes it more functional than many other gas monitors on the market.
While the GX2012 can be configured to measure percentage of volume of methane (CH4), most of our customers like the reliable sensor technology and dependable electronics of this monitor for confined space 4-gas testing.
The GX-2012 is built to measure the gases OSHA requires for confined space entry: Oxygen (O2), carbon monoxide (CO), hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and the Lower Explosive Levels of a range of combustibles (LELs). The powerful internal pump is capable of drawing samples from a distance of up to fifty feet, making it great for sewer entry and other distance confined space sampling work. Intrinsically safe and built with petrochemical (oil rig/refinery) and waste water treatment facility workers in mind, the GX-2012 is ideal for tank cleaners and technical rescue workers too.
Properly deployed, the GX-2012 meets OSHA standards for confined space gas monitoring. It is also CSA classified as intrinsically safe and meets Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D: TIIS, IECEx, ATEX, CE.
Included with Monitor:
- 10 ft. sample hose
- Operator's manual
- Chosen battery option
Included with the Optional Calibration Kit:
- 34 L cylinder of calibration gas (H2S@25 ppm/CO/CH4/O2)
- Demand flow regulator
- Carrying case
- LEL, O2, CO and H2S gas sensors
- Percentage by volume methane detection can be added
- 50 ft. range for internal active sampling pump
- Three standard alarms include vibration, visual, and audible alarm modes
- TWA and STEL exposure alarms along with lunch-break mode
- Lightweight at only 12.3 ounces
- Circuit checking and calibration reminder complete with lockout option
- Rapid charging to full in under 90 minutes
- Large, glove friendly buttons
- Protective rubber housing and IP-67 water and dust protection
- Up to 600 hours of data logging with alarm trends
- Intrinsically safe
- Gas alarms: 1st and 2nd (user adjustable), STEL, TWA and OVER
- Trouble alarms: Sensor connection, low battery, low flow, circuit trouble and calibration error
- Gas alarms: Flashing lights, two tone buzzer, and vibration
- Trouble alarms: Flashing lights, trouble displayed, intermittent buzzer, and vibration
Operating temperature & humidity:
- -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F) 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Response time: Within 30 seconds (T90)
- Alkaline battery: 15 hours
- Li-ion battery: 10 hours
- Li-ion battery pack, or 3 “AA” alkaline battery pack; interchangeable
Dimension & Weight:
- Approx. 143 (H) x 71 (W) x 43 (D) mm (5.6” H x 2.8” W x 1.6” D), approx. 350 g (12.3 ounces)
- Case material: Dust & splash resistant. RFI shielded high impact plastic with protective rubber overmolding; IP-67 approval
Remember to calibrate every six months and regularly perform bump tests.
For more product information - training video, data logging software, parts list, operator's manual - go to rkiinstruments.com.
72-0290-22-A - 4-Gas Monitor, alkaline battery pack only
72-0290-22-B - 4-Gas Monitor, alkaline & Li-ion battery packs, Charger Kit
72-0290-22-C - Rechargeable Li-ion battery pack only w/ charger
81-GX03HSCO-DLV - Calibration Kit (optional)
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Gas Type||%LEL, O2, H2S, CO|
If left in continuous use, about how long will the batteries last before needing to be replaced? And does it measure in PPM, or % of flammable limit (methane)?1 answer
The battery life of the RKI GX-2012 has a continuous run time of 15 hours (AA) and 10 hours (rechargeable). It can read PPM of up to 5000, however after that it will adjust to display %LEL.