Honeywell North Backpack Respirator Adapter Ideal for Welding
- Connects to North 5500, 7700, 5400 and 7600 Series facepieces
- Cartridges are located away from the immediate contaminate area so they last longer
- Convert your half face respirator or full facepiece to a welding respirator with this welding attachment
- Puts cartridges on the back, increasing service life and minimizing weight to the facepiece
- Creates a low profile that fits easily under welding helmets and faceshields when used with half masks
- Weight is balanced on the shoulders, limiting worker fatigue
- Note: Respirator and filters are NOT included
- Gas, Vapors, Smoke
- Welding Flash
Regulations: Regulation - NIOSH certified for use with North 5500 and 7700 Series half masks, and North 5400 and 7600 Series full facepieces
Part Number: BP1002
|Product Weight (lbs.)||1.25|
I have a Viking Auto Darkening welding hood and am in the market for a respirator. Will the North backpack respirator work with my hood or is it only for use with a specific helmet?1 answer
The North Backpack adapter is intended for this very application. While certainly there are all sorts of welding helmets, and some may be more restrictive than others, the BP1002 has worked well over many years. Are you able to get a respirator under your welding helmet now? If so, the adapter and hoses are pretty low profile, and should fit just as well.
The picture shows a half mask, tubes and filter cartridges. Is that what is included when you order?1 answer
The North BP1002 is an adapter only. To make up a complete assembly, please add the North 7700 half mask respirator and a set of cartridges or filters.
hello, is there such system for 3m half mask?1 answer
The North BP1002 BackPack adapter is a unique item. 3M does not have an equivalent. For welding applications in particular, the rear mounted respirator cartridges offer distinct advantages. Amazing how much less fumes are present just a few inches away from your face. Makes the filters last longer, and balances the weight.