JSP MK8 Evolution Type II Linesman Hard Hat 280-AHS240-10
The high-density EPS liner and ultra comfortable harness ensure maximum protection in the highest risk environments without compromising comfort.
But most importantly, MK8 Evolution provides protection from SIDE IMPACTS and SIDE PENETRATION to the same level as ANSI Z89.1 Type I testing, with almost 20 times the coverage area.
- Mounted 4-point chin strap harness
- Chin strap ANSI approved for retention on Type II helmet
- Provides a secure fit in the most extreme conditions
- Meets ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2009, Type II, Class E requirements
- Offers Side (Lateral) Impact Protection which reduces the force of impact resulting from a blow which may be received off center as well as to the top of the head
- Also offers Side Penetration Protection in addition to crown penetration
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Impact Liner helps absorb the forces of impact
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Shell
- Deluxe Polyester Textile Strap Suspension with microfiber crown pad webbing
- Wheel Ratchet Adjustment allows user to easily adjust fit while wearing
- Universal Accessory Slots
- Protection from high or side impact situations
- High pressure jetting
- Energy companies
- Emergency services
|Product Weight (lbs.)||1.7|
|Hi-Vis ANSI Rating||No|
Does this hard hat have a arc flash rating ?
The PIP MK8 hard hat meets the highest standards for electrical protection, ANSI Class E. However, a hard hat by itself does not have an arc flash rating. When used in conjunction with an appropriate face shield and balaclava, the assembly may be tested and rated for some level of arc flash applications.
is the chin strap removable?1 answer
No, the chin strap isn't removable however we have the same hat without a chin strap. Part number 280-AHS150-10