Miller ReadyRoofer Fall Protection Kit BRFK25-Z7/25FT
The ReadyRoofer is popular because of the simplicity of having everything you need in one bucket. Plus, when you're ready to go home, it's easy to pack the equipment back in the bucket.
The ReadyRoofer, from Miller by Honeywell, is designed to make your life easier with a complete kit that's lightweight and simple to carry.
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel trailing rope grab
- Lightweight full body harness with mating buckle straps
- Very economical and lightweight
- 25 ft. rope lifeline
- Shock absorbing lanyard with polyester webbing and two snap hooks
- Easy-to-carry waterproof container for whole kit
- Reusable roof anchor with D-ring
- Meets all applicable OSHA regulations and ANSI and CSA standards.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Brand||Miller Fall Protection|
|Safety Standard||OSHA, ANSI, CSA|
|Connection Points||Back Dorsal D-Ring|
|Leg Straps||Tongue Buckle|
|Webbing Material||Polyester (Standard)|
|Weight Capacity||310 Pounds|
|Hi-Vis ANSI Rating||No|
Can the d ring be mounted to chest?1 answer
While we do have harnesses with a chest mounted d-ring, they are not intended or approved for fall protection. Rather, they are used most often for ladder climbing, where a cable is mounted to the ladder. The design does not allow for a ‘fall’ to take place.
When using a rope grab, such as the system you are inquiring about, the only correct recommendation is to use a back d-ring. I understand that this can be a bit cumbersome, especially on a steeply raked roof. Alas, in the event of a fall, in particular one that ends with the worker over the edge, using a chest d-ring will cause serious injury or even death.