Klein Tools Digital Circuit Breaker Finder ET300
- Quickly, accurately, and automatically find the corresponding circuit
- breaker of any 120V standard outlet.
- Flashing arrow indicator for easy identification.
- Strong transmitter reaches distances up to 1,000 feet.
- 90 - 120V operation.
- Microprocessor controlled for more reliable identification.
- Auto power-off feature saves battery life.
- Accessory kit available (Catalog No. 69411) includes light socket and alligator clip adapters.
- Overall Length: 6 in.
- Batteries: 1 x 9V (receiver)
Does this unit also locate or find circuits with no power like a toner does?1 answer
Unfortunately the ET300 requires a powered circuit for operation. So no, it won't find unpowered circuits.
Can you detect other outlets on the same circuit with this device, without accessing the circuit breaker?1 answer
Unfortunately the Klein Digital Circuit Breaker Finder ET300 will not work that way. You must use the receiver at the breaker panel to scan for the outlet you are looking for, per the instructions.
Believe I saw a unit like this used on 'This Old House' show. They plugged in the small unit in an outlet, then used the large handheld unit next to the circuit breakers to get an audible signal/light when at the breaker that the outlet was on. Is that how this device works?1 answer
That is exactly how this unit works. I can't confirm if this was the exact one use on the show but it works in much the same way.
Will this unit work on a panel that has both 120 and 277 without burning out the receiver?1 answer
This unit has a maximum operating voltage of 120v.