3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6500 Series
The 3M Rugged Comfort 6500 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator helps provide respiratory protection in harsh, dirty environments against airborne contaminants when used with approved 3M cartridges and filters. Recommended Industries: Transportation, Pharmaceutical, Construction, Metal Production & Fabrication, Military Maintenance, Repair and Operation (MRO), Manufacturing, Mining, Food and Beverage Manufacturing, Oil & Gas. If your job requires wearing a respirator for long periods of time, consider the 3m 7500 respirator, or the 3M 6000 Series half face respirator.
- Resilient silicone faceseal helps provide comfort, durability, and stability with a soft but firm seal
- Proprietary Cool Flow valve helps reduce heat and moisture
- Exhalation valve cover helps direct exhaled breath and moisture downward to reduce fogging of eyewear and grinding and welding shields
- Color: Gray/Teal
- Connection Type: Bayonet
- Facepiece Type: Half Facepiece Reusable
- Gas & Vapor Protection Type: Mercury Vapor or Chlorine, Organic Vapor/Acid Gas/Ammonia/Methylamine/Formaldehyde, Hydrogen Fluoride
- Harness Type: 4 point Quick Latch, 4 point
- Primary Material: Silicone/Nylon
- Features: 3M Cool Flow Valve
|Product Weight (lbs.)||.4|
|Protection From||Organic Vapors, Acid Gas Irritants, Ammonia, Mercury|
Are there any downsides to using this respirator wth proper filter for asbestos vs 6000 / 7500? For instance is the quick latch or exhalation vent not as tight?1 answer
Not exactly a downside, but difference is with the 6000/7500 series, you can tighten it more because they're straps whereas the 6500QL has the quick latch system/snaps to let you put the respirator on and take off quickly, that's all.