This rope grab provides a connection point for a safety lanyard anywhere on a wire rope lifeline for a fall restraint or fall arrest system. Rated to the OSHA stipulated 5,000 lb. limit, the Rope Grab is an ideal piece of fall arrest gear.
- Meets 5,000 lb. OSHA fall force protection standards
- Manual repositioning
- Special wedging action holds tightly onto the wire
- Built for 3/8 in. wire vertical lifeline assemblies
- Fits 3/8 in. diameter 7x19 galvanized or stainless steel cable
- Stainless steel design
- Corrosion resistant
- Easily attach or detach from anywhere on the lifeline
With this Wire Rope Grab, you can get yourself into position and get to work. The 5000338 keeps you connected and protected. If your work site doesn’t lend itself to mobile grabs, this manually positioned device can be just the right tool for the job. Plus the corrosion resistant stainless steel design makes it ideal for the tougher sites out there, such as marine environments or oil rigs.
How to Use it:
For complete instructions, see the Operation Manual at the end of this product description.
This wire rope grab is part of a fall restraint system attached either to a vertical wire or on a wire attached along a roof angle. Be aware that this system is designed to hold a worker with a combined total weight (including tools, clothing, etc.) of a maximum 310 lbs.
Open the rope grab via the detent pins and secure it around your 3/8 in. metal cable lifeline assembly. There is a small arrow on the device to avoid confusion. Attach the lanyard (a 4 ft. lanyard is the maximum length with the 5000338 Rope Grab) from the front D-ring of a full-body harness to the ring on the Rope Grab
Check the set-up to ensure the rope grab is functioning correctly. Be sure it is fixed statically to the line and unmoving and so ready for deployment.
- Arrest Force: Designed for 1,800 lbs. maximum arresting force
- Maximum Capacity: 310 lbs.
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Applicable Standards: OSHA 1910.66, appendix C
|Product Weight (lbs.)||2.2|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||2.7000|
|Climbing Device Type||No|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Regular Price: $104.50
Sale Price $92.50
Regular Price: $150.00
Sale Price $129.00
- The Capital Safety 5000338 wire rope grab would work just fine on a cell tower application. The length of cable should have no material bearing on which grab you might want to choose. Proper installation of the cable is usually the most important element.
Please also note that this is a so-called ‘static’ cable grip. That is, when moving down the ladder, the user needs to exert a small amount of upward pressure on the lever. Some other types will follow you down, unless a sudden movement activates the grab. This makes the 5000338 less expensive, and slightly lighter in weight. Both work well, just a somewhat different approach.
Please let me know if you would like any help with getting the cable assembly sorted out. Also, please be sure that the cable, if already installed, is 3/8 inch in diameter.
- This Item: DBI-SALA Static Wire Rope Grab for 3/8 in. Steel Cable 5000338
Klein Tools Black Vinyl Tool Bag Size Large 5182BLA$125.00
Total Price $408.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $408.00 Incl. Tax: $408.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.