- 8000000 7 ft. Aluminum Confined Space Tripod, 49 lbs., Shipping Dimensions: 74 in. x 10 in. x 10 in.
- 8102001 Salalift II Winch with 60 ft. of 1/4 in. galvanized cable, 41 lbs., Shipping Dimensions: 15 in. x 14 in. x 13 in.
- Convenient winch storage bag
The rated working load is 350 pounds for work support (raising or lowering equipment) and 310 pounds for fall arrest. The Salalift II winch is intended to handle raising, lowering, work support or personnel rescue. Once opened, the tripod can fit over a manhole or other opening up to 5 feet in diameter.
- Lightweight design includes corrosion-resistant construction featuring anodized aluminum side plates, zinc plated gears and shafts, stainless steel springs, and an aluminum drum
- An overload clutch reduces chance of injury to an entangled worker
- Meets or exceeds all applicable OSHA and ANSI standards
Make sure you also have a confined space gas monitor.
8300030: 60 ft. of 1/4 in. galvanized cable and 7 ft. Tripod (83 lbs)
8300031: 60 ft. of 1/4 in. stainless steel cable and 7 ft. Tripod (83 lbs)
8300032: 90 ft. of 3/16 in. galvanized cable and 7 ft. Tripod (83 lbs)
8300033: 90 ft of 3/16 in. stainless steel cable and 7 ft. Tripod (83 lbs)
8300034: 120 ft. of 3/16 in. galvanized cable and 7 ft. Tripod (84 lbs)
8300035: 120 ft. of 3/16 in. stainless steel cable and 7 ft. Tripod (84 lbs)
8300040: 60 ft. of 1/4 in. galvanized cable and 9 ft. Tripod (93 lbs)
8300041: 60 ft. of 1/4 in. stainless steel cable and 9 ft. Tripod (93 lbs)
DBI-SALA 7 ft. Confined Space Tripod and Winch 8300030 - Video
DBI Confined Space Tripod and Winch Kit Video Transcript
Hi this is Rick Pedley, and welcome to PK Safety.
Today we're going to be looking at the DBI-SALA Confined Space Retrieval Tripod System. And what we get with this is a winch and the tripod itself.
Now, in other videos, you've seen the winch alone and you've seen the tripod alone. Today we're going to see how they both work together, and why you actually might think they're pretty cool.
So we have our winch here. We grab it… attach it to the tripod, which I've already setup -- we did it earlier, it's pretty easy -- and take our handle and put this into the freewheeling mode. This allows us to pull out enough cable.. once I let go, it's locked. Not going anywhere. And what's really cool about this is now we go over the top… there's a pulley here and a pulley on the other side. Once put that in there's a couple of detent pins put in place that are going to hold the cable in. The cable can't go anywhere. It's not going to pop off or anything like that.
So now this thing is over the top, we think about our guy wearing his harness down in the hole… we can either lower him or raise him. As you saw, we put it in the freewheeling mode, so he goes down the thing, he's just going to go like that… and if I let go of this handle, he's locked.
Now I take the handle off of there, put it on the other side -- there are two things here (and there are detailed pictures of this on the website) -- and I start cranking it up. You see that there's quite a bit of mechanical advantage here, so even if we've got somebody at the 310 pound weight limit of this stuff, it's going to be easy to pull him back up.
It's a very simple device. Notice that I have it kind of short here. This thing will get up to about eight feet tall, with a seven-foot clearance underneath, and that's just by lengthening the legs with the detent pins.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||90.0000|
great quality Review by Abel
Kit came in handy. Exactly as explained in description, light and easy to set up. (Posted on 12/17/2014)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
- The DBI/SALA 8000000 7ft tripod has cast aluminum feet. They rotate at the end of the leg, and have one end pointed for digging in to soft surfaces. There are rubber soles riveted on to the shoe.The total length of the shoe, including the point, is 7 inches. Total width is just over 2 inches. The rubber sole itself is 2 inches wide and 5 inches long.
- The tripod will span up to a 5 ft. diameter hole. If you have a larger opening, the 9 ft. Tripod 8000010 will fit over a 7 ft. diameter hole.
- This Item: DBI-SALA 7 ft. Confined Space Tripod and Winch 8300030
ECKO Confined Space Blower, Ducting and Canister K2025$322.00
BW Honeywell GasAlert MicroClip XL 4-Gas Monitor MCXL-XWHM-Y-NA
Regular Price: $595.00
Sale Price $499.00As low as: $495.00
Total Price $3,821.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $3,821.00 Incl. Tax: $3,821.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.