While the GX2012 can be configured to measure percentage of volume of methane (CH4), most of our customers like the reliable sensor technology and dependable electronics of this monitor for confined space 4-gas testing.
The GX-2012 is built to measure the gases OSHA requires for confined space entry: Oxygen (O2), carbon monoxide (CO), hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and the Lower Explosive Levels of a range of combustibles (LELs). The powerful internal pump is capable of drawing samples from a distance of up to fifty feet, making it great for sewer entry and other distance confined space sampling work. Intrinsically safe and built with petrochemical (oil rig/refinery) and waste water treatment facility workers in mind, the GX-2012 is ideal for tank cleaners and technical rescue workers too.
Properly deployed, the GX-2012 meets OSHA standards for confined space gas monitoring. It is also CSA classified as intrinsically safe and meets Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D: TIIS, IECEx, ATEX, CE.
Included with Monitor:
- 10 ft. sample hose
- Operator's manual
- Product CD (contains training video, parts list, data logging software, operator's manual, and
quick reference card)
- Chosen battery option
- 34 L cylinder of calibration gas (H2S@25 ppm/CO/CH4/O2)
- Demand flow regulator
- Carrying case
- LEL, O2, CO and H2S gas sensors
- Percentage by volume methane detection can be added
- 50 ft. range for internal active sampling pump
- Three standard alarms include vibration, visual, and audible alarm modes
- TWA and STEL exposure alarms along with lunch-break mode
- Lightweight at only 12.3 ounces
- Circuit checking and calibration reminder complete with lockout option
- Rapid charging to full in under 90 minutes
- Large, glove friendly buttons
- Protective rubber housing and IP-67 water and dust protection
- Up to 600 hours of data logging with alarm trends
- Intrinsically safe
- Gas alarms: 1st and 2nd (user adjustable), STEL, TWA and OVER
- Trouble alarms: Sensor connection, low battery, low flow, circuit trouble and calibration error
- Gas alarms: Flashing lights, two tone buzzer, and vibration
- Trouble alarms: Flashing lights, trouble displayed, intermittent buzzer, and vibration
- -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F) 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Response time: Within 30 seconds (T90)
- Alkaline battery: 15 hours
- Li-ion battery: 10 hours
- Li-ion battery pack, or 3 “AA” alkaline battery pack; interchangeable
- Approx. 143 (H) x 71 (W) x 43 (D) mm (5.6” H x 2.8” W x 1.6” D), approx. 350 g (12.3 ounces)
- Case material: Dust & splash resistant. RFI shielded high impact plastic with protective rubber overmolding; IP-67 approval
GX-2012 Gas Monitor Operator's Manual
72-0290-22-A - 4-Gas Monitor, alkaline battery pack only
72-0290-22-B - 4-Gas Monitor, alkaline & Li-ion battery packs, Charger Kit
72-0290-22-C - Rechargeable Li-ion battery pack only w/ charger
81-GX03HSCO-DLV - Calibration Kit
RKI Instruments GX-2012 Multi-Gas Detector RKI Instruments GX-2012 Confined Space 4-Gas Detector
The RKI Instruments GX-2012 Confined Space 4-Gas Detector Video Transcript
Hi, my name is Chad and welcome to PK Safety. Today we're going to show you an excellent choice for confined space gas detection; the GX-2012 four-gas monitor from RKI Instruments.
00:12 What really sets this detector apart is the quality of its construction. RKI Instruments are renowned industry wide for their low failure rate and the GX-2012 is no different. The case is made from high-impact plastic with protective rubber molding capable of withstanding even the harshest of climates you're likely to face. Even with the robust construction, the GX-2012 is surprisingly lightweight thanks in part to it's micro sensor technology found in the IP-67 rated housing.
00:36 The detector's powerful internal suction pump is capable of drawing a sample from up to 50 feet away when used with a sample draw hose. This makes the GX-2012 perfect for confined space and sewer work where remote sampling is a necessity. The monitor also features powerful audible, visual and vibration alarms, 600 hours of data logging, up to 15 hours of continuous operation and the ability to rapid charge the instrument, so you can be back up and running within 90 minutes.
00:59 RKI Instruments has designed a reliable and intrinsically safe four-gas monitor that meets all relevent OSHA standards for confined space entry. If you're looking for a detector that will stand up to the abuse of frequent confined space entry work for years to come, then the GX-2012 from RKI is the monitor for you.
Thanks for watching and as always if you have questions about the GX-2012 or gas detection in general, please feel free to give us a call or visit us at PKSafety.com.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||0.8000|
reliable product Review by Fred
Dependable and easy to use.
Withstands outdoor use and abuse. Easy calibration.
None (Posted on 8/20/13)
There are no product questions yet.