This monitor features dual audible alarm ports and LED lights on 3 sides of the instrument, making it hard to miss the alarm, even in high-noise areas. Other features include a waterproof and dustproof design with an IP 67 rating, a durable rubber body that is RFI resistant, and datalogging. The GX-2009 includes rechargeable NiMH batteries and optional charger.
Note:RKI discontinued the older GX-2001 model in favor of the GX-2009.
- Simultaneous detection of 4 gases: LEL, O2, H2S & CO
- Smallest and lightest 4 gas monitor on the market at 4.6 oz.
- Dual audible alarm ports (95 db @ 30 cm.)
- 3 visual alarm LED lights
- Vibration alarm
- IP-67 waterproof/dustproof design
- Calibration lock out or reminder controls
- Large capacity data logging standard
- 8 alarm trends
- Log time range of 10 to 300 hours
- 100 calibration records
- 20 hours of operation (NiMH batteries)
- Large LCD display screen
- Automatic backlighting at alarm
- Impact resistant over-mold body
- RFI shielded body
- STEL and TWA readouts
- Intrinsically safe, CSA, C/US classified, IECEx / ATEX approved
- 2 year warranty
72-0314RKC - With 115 / 220 VAC charger
72-0314RK - No charger
81-GX01HSCO-LV - Calibration kit
RKI Instruments GX-2009 Confined Space 4-Gas Monitor - Video
Hi I'm Ben and welcome to pksafety.com. Today we're gonna show you why RKI's GX-2009 Multi-Gas Personal Monitor could be right for your next job.00:16 Reason number one: it's the smallest and lightest monitor on the market. Weighing just 4.6 ounces, it's easily carried in the palm of your hand, and with the alligator clip, attaches to the belt.00:26 Reason number two: Despite its small size, it has a very large data logging capability. It can log up to 300 hours and 100 calibration records.00:36 Reason number three: the unit's internal nickel metal hard drive rechargeable battery can provide up to twenty hours of operation. Charging is simple with a supply dock. For more information and to purchase the GX-2009, please visit us at pksafety.com. Thank you for watching.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.26|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||1.0000|
|Gas Type||%LEL, O2, H2S, CO|
5 Stars Review by Glen P.
I’d rate this product as 5 stars. It is compact and easy to use. The product arrived precisely on time, within only a few days of the initial order. (Posted on 2/20/2014)
Newer and Cheaper! Review by Joe D.
We purchased the RKI Instruments GX-2009 Confined Space 4-Gas Monitors as replacements for the two GX-2001 units that had been damaged beyond repair. Not only are the 2009's cheaper than the old 2001's were, but they are nicer units. The size is perfect for our use, calibration is easy, and they are very reliable. (Posted on 1/31/2014)
RKI GX2009 4-Gas Monitor Review by Nicole
The reason we tried this monitor is the 4 Gas monitor we were using was unreliable. The battery wouldn't stay charged and the sensors were constantly going out. With this unit we have had NONE of these issues and it is versatile enough that our pumps hook right up to the accessories.
(Posted on 8/26/2013)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
- This monitor comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Frequency of calibration depends upon the type of use you have. Typical calibration frequencies for most applications are between 1 and 3 months, but can be required more often or less often based on your usage.
In our experience customers typically send monitors to us at 6 month intervals. Please enter RKI INSTRUMENTS GAS MONITOR CALIBRATION SERVICE into our search bar for the latest pricing.
- Yes. From the drop down menu under Monitor simply select "with charger +$50.00" This will add the charger to your order.
- The RKI instruments, like all the gas detectors we sell, have a serial number. Mainly this is for warranty purposes, but certainly allows you to track your instruments. I checked with RKI, and they would be able to flag the file of a particular instrument and serial number. Whether the unit would somehow make its way back to RKI is an open question. They have not had this come up often enough that there was a fixed procedure to deal with it.
- Here's a link to the RKI Instruments downloads page for the GX-2009 Gas Monitor. It has the Instruction Manual as well as a Datalogging Manual and the User Setup Program. Let us know if you still need additional information.
- The RKI GX-2009 does not need the SDM-2009 Calibration Station to complete calibration. A complete manual calibration kit is available which includes cal gas, regulator, tubing, adapter, and carrying case.
Another option is to send it in to us when it's time to calibrate. Our factory-trained techs can usually have it calibrated and sent back out the same day.
- Absolutely. Please contact Customer Service for assistance. 1-800-829-9580.
- This Item: RKI Instruments GX-2009 Confined Space 4-Gas Monitor
RKI SDM-2009 Calibration Station for GX-2009$1,580.00
RKI Instruments Manual Calibration Kit for GX-2009 Monitor $355.00
Total Price $2,630.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $2,630.00 Incl. Tax: $2,630.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.