- 7 ft. aluminum tripod is lightweight and portable, easily set-up by one worker and can be transported from one location to another just as easy (model 8000010 is 9 ft. tall)
- Adjustable locking legs adjust quickly in increments of 2-3/4 in. for added versatility and are kept in position with locking push pins - adjusts from 5 ft. to 7 ft.(7-9 ft. for the 8000010) height and will span up to a 5 ft. (7 ft. for the 8000010) diameter hole
- Complete with safety chain to prevent movement and safety shoes that incorporate a rubber sole for flat surfaces and spiked edges for slippery surfaces
- Heat treated cast aluminum head incorporates a built-in pulley system to rout lifeline of mechanical device directly over opening. Also equipped with drop forged steel eyebolts for use as anchorage point for secondary or back-up system, designed to allow the eyebolt to hand plumb regardless of surface configuration
- Complete with quick-mount leg bracket (8005048) for attachment of DBI-SALA winch for ease of use
- Additional (back-up) mechanical devices can be mounted to tripod with optional bracket/pulleys
- Rated working load is 350 lbs. for work support and 310 lbs. for fall arrest, can withstand up to 5,000 lbs. of vertical pull
- Durable corrosion resistant aluminum and heat treated cast aluminum construction
- Underwriters Laboratories tested and classified
- Meets or exceeds the strength requirements for anchorage's (5,000 lbs.), ANSI Z359.1, ANSI A10.14 and OSHA requirements
DBI-SALA designs and manufactures the most technologically advanced support devices in the industry for confined space applications including tripods, davit arms, ladder masts, wall-mount brackets and more. These devices are used to provide an anchorage for the mechanical device and a rescue, work positioning, fall arrest, or material handling support for the users. We carry many different styles and types of support devices to suit your specific needs.
8000000 7 ft. model
8000010 9 ft. model
9503094: carrying bag for 7 ft. tripod (model 8000000)
9503095: carrying bag for 9 ft. tripod (model 8000010)
8003205: snatch block pulley pulley assembly attaches to tripod eyebolt for routing the back-up winch or SRL cable
8003238: leg mount pulley attaches to tripod leg for routing the back-up winch or SRL cable
8005048: extra tripod mounting bracket attaches to leg and mates with back-up winch or SRL quick-mount bracket
Note- The large size of this item means that air freight is not available except by special arrangement.
DBI-SALA Aluminum Confined Space and Retrieval Tripod - Video
DBI-SALA 8000000 Aluminum Tripod Video Transcript
Hi, this Rick Pedley and welcome to PK Safety Supply.
Today we're going to be looking at the DBI-SALA confined space retrieval tripod. This is a an aluminum, heavy, premium product that we sell quite a bit of. The thing these things are good for are lowering people into and removing people from confined spaces.
As you can imagine, there's manhole here or a vessel -- something like that -- we can have a winch, which we'll show you later, coming over the tripod and down onto a guy's harness, D-ring in the middle of the back. If he should be overcome or have some kind of problem in a confined space, this device will allow us to crank him out. That's what this thing is for, and now let me show you some of the features. I'll start by setting it up.
Ok, so I've got the tripod as you've usually have it on the ground. I have the chain at the bottom and the head at the top. I'm just going to lift it up like so.. this particular tripod has a nice feature in that as you pull the legs out, they lock into place. No flopping around. There it is all locked into place.
So the features we want to think about here -- number one, which is very unique to this product -- are these rollers at the top. The rollers allow the winch, which we'll put on a little bit later, maybe in another video -- the winch here comes up through this roller, through the next roller and down. This is a tremendously convenient feature. Most of the other tripods we have use the hanging bits. So we use a snatch block or a shiv here. This is going to put the point at which we are able to raise our person not very high off the ground. So this puts it up higher, gets it out of the way, keeps the travel of the cable really straight. It really works well.
The other thing I mentioned was the heavy head here. Really interesting with these spring-loaded legs so that as I lift up and pull down, this thing stays. I pull it out, and then it goes in. A very convenient feature, especially when you're setting this thing up. You'll notice this right now, the thing isn't quite 6 feet tall. The thing is going to get up over 7 feet -- 7 feet over the top of these anchors. So what we're going to need to do is take out these detent pins. It's a little bit easier than setting it all up when they're all extended.
There are many nice features in this unit. It's very popular. We. sell a lot of these.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||47.7200|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||47.7200|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
There are no product questions yet.
- This Item: DBI-SALA Aluminum Confined Space and Retrieval Tripod
Confined Space Sign MCSP$8.35
3M Breathe Easy PAPR Acid Gas Organic Vapor Canister - 6/Case$411.45
Total Price $1,595.80
Total Price Excl. Tax: $1,595.80 Incl. Tax: $1,595.80
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.