The price shown is for the base RPD product. Rope length must be specified, and we have shown a few common lengths, with associated cost, on the drop down menu above.
Raising and lowering can be done by the user (a separate rope-gripping handle can be used to facilitate this), allowing them to easily find the correct working height they need, while a self-locking pulley can be activated to fix you in place for the duration of work. Meaning there is no need for an awkward and time consuming tie-off or anchorage equipment. A simple indicator clearly shows whether you are in ascent/descent mode or fixed position. And a built in speed sensing brake serves to arrest a fall should the operator lose control of the Rescue Positioning System.
The RPD from DBI-SALA is available in either 3:1 or 4:1 pulley ratio configurations. We are showing the price for the 3:1 only. Please inquire for pricing on the 4:1 ratio. Different ratios allow you to choose which is best and most efficient for you work site needs.
The whole system comes pre-rigged for quick 'out of the bag' operation and contains everything you need for quick rescue and retrieval or work positioning: RPD, connecting sling, hooks, rescue sling, pulley, and the durable nylon carrying bag. Simply attach to a suitable anchor point via the included carabiner or anchor strap and you are ready to go. (Please use a suitable piece of OSHA rated fall protection equipment (self-retracting lifeline or lanyard) as this device is for work positioning, NOT fall arrest.) No tools or special skills are needed for set-up and use.
The entire device is built to last, with corrosion resistant parts made from anodized aluminum and stainless steel, with a powder-coated housing making it perfect for almost any work site.
Perfect for work at heights or confined space access and retrieval or even emergency rescue work, there are many uses for this RPD: utility work (gas, oil rig and refinery), manhole access, tower painting, scaffolding and repair work, construction, roofing, tree care (arborists) - to name just a few.
Ordering Data for Rescue-Positioning Device Systems:
1. Specify Rope Footage as calculated below: For 3600000, multiply working travel length by 4 and add 10 feet.
For example, if you have a working length of 30 feet and wanted a 3:1 ratio, you would multiply 30 ft. x 4 and add 10 ft. to arrive at 130 ft. This would be part number 3600030.
Please Note: We have listed the most common sizes in the drop-down list. This unit can be made to any length. Please let us know if you would like a quote for a different size.
- Meets ANSI Z117.1-1989 and OSHA 1910.146 standards
- Construction: Anodized aluminum housing, stainless steel and brass internal components. Locking speed: 3 ft./sec. (.9m/sec)
- Rating: 350 lbs. (158kg)
- Weight: 3 lbs. (1.3kg)
- Size: 1.5 in. x 4.5 in. x 10 in. (3.8cm x 11.4cm x 25.4cm)
- Rope: 3/8 in. (9.5mm) dia. static Kernmantle, 5,600 lb. (2,540kg) min. tensile strength, polyester cover, braided over nylon core, low stretch, torque-balance
- Connection Sling: 1 in. (25mm) wide latex treated polyester web, 9,800 lbs. (4,445kg) tensile strength, 3 in. (.9m) length
- Connection Hook: Automatic locking hook, 5,000 lbs. (2,267kg) tensile strength, zinc plated
- Rescue Sling: Polyester web, 1 3/4 in. (4.4cm) wide, drop forged alloy steel hardware Carrying bags: 15 in. x 18 in. (38 x 45.7cm) dia./ 30 in. x 18 in. (76 x 45.7cm), Cordura nylon with urethane treatment
- Rope Gripping Handle: Aluminum body, stainless steel pivots & springs, tempered steel cam, insulated grip. Weight 6.9 oz. (.19kg)
- Rescue Cradle: Treated canvas w/ polyester web, 350 lbs. (158kg) capacity
3600000 - Anodized Aluminum RPD (3600050, 3600100)
9503008 - Right Hand Rope Gripping Handle (35 day lead time)
3610000 - RPD Rescue Cradle
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||30.0000|
|Climbing Device Type||No|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
There are no product questions yet.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.