No special training is needed with the RPD. It comes pre-rigged and is built to be as easy to use as a set of window blinds.
- Pre-rigged and packed for quick deployment
- High mechanical ratio of 4:1
- No special training is needed for use
- Ideal for either rescue or positioning operations
- Meets OSHA standards
To top it all off DBI-SALA have incorporated a speed-sensing brake that will activate should you loose control of the line.
The line used in the RPD is Kernmantle rope, which is specially treated to make it smoother, and keep the whole system running effectively (as well as be easy to coil and pack and suitably strong).
Rescue Positioning Device Includes:
- Anodized Aluminum Housing RPD
- 3/8 in. Diameter Static Kernmantle Rope
- 1 in. Wide Latex Treated Polyester Web Connection Sling
- 2 Saflok Self Closing/Locking Carabiners
- Polyester Web Rescue Sling
- Carrying bag of Cordura Nylon
- Optional: Aluminum Rope Gripping Handle
- Optional: Treated Canvas Rescue Cradle and Carabiner
The "Length" is the total vertical distance you need your RPD to cover. The 4:1 system requires rope to be five (5) times the total travel length, plus 10 feet. Custom lengths are available by calling Customer Service at 800-829-9580.
- RPD Rescue Positioning Device:
- Construction: Anodized aluminum housing, stainless steel and brass internal components.
- Locking speed: 3’/sec. (.9m/sec)
- Rating: 350 lbs. (158kg)
- Weight: 3 lbs. (1.3kg)
- Size: 1.5 in. x 4.5 in. x 10 in. (3.8cm x 11.4cm x 25.4cm) in overall
- Rope: 3/8 in. (9.5mm) dia. static Kernmantle, 5,600 lb. (2,540kg) min. tensile strength, polyester cover, braided over nylon core, low stretch, torque-balance
- Connection Sling: 1 in. (25mm) wide latex treated polyester web, 9,800 lb. (4,445kg) tensile strength, 3 ft. (.9m) length
- Connection Hook: Automatic locking hook, 5,000 lb. (2,267kg) tensile strength, zinc plated
- Rescue Sling: Polyester web, 1 3/4 in. (4.4cm) wide, drop forged alloy steel hardware
- Carrying bags: 15 in. x 18 in. (38 x 45.7cm) dia./ 30 in. x 18 in. (76 x 45.7cm), Cordura nylon with urethane treatment
- Rope Gripping Handle: Aluminum body, stainless steel pivots & springs, tempered steel cam, insulated grip. Weight 6.9 oz. (.19kg)
- Rescue Cradle: Treated canvas w/ polyester web, 350 lb. (158kg) capacity
3602000 - Rescue Positioning Device System (RPD) 4:1 Ratio (3602050, 3602100)
9503008 - Rope Grip Handle (right hand) (35 day lead time)
3610000 - Rescue Cradle w/ Carabiner and Guideline Rope
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||6.0000|
|Climbing Device Type||No|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
There are no product questions yet.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.