The MultiRAE is quickly and easily changed from a sophisticated technician instrument to a simple text or display only monitor. The same monitor can be used as personal monitor, a hand-held sniffer, or area monitor for:
- industrial hygiene work
- emergency response
- confined space entry
Four Gases Are Less Than Total Protection
Most confined space monitors provide less than total protection because they miss many toxic vapors and gases. LEL sensors measure explosivity, not toxicity. Many Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are potentially toxic at levels that are well below the sensitivity of the LEL sensors found in most multi-gas monitors. For example by the time that LEL sensors even respond to gasoline vapors the air is already toxic! The MultiRAE accurately measures low levels of VOCs without the annoyance of false alarms that are so prevalent with other "broad-band" sensors. Its patented VOC monitor, measures 0 - 2000 ppm of VOCs’ while providing continuous display and alarms for worker protection. Alarms can also be set for Short Term Exposure Levels (STEL), Time Weighted Average (TWA), Peaks and Minimums. The MultiRAE displays the exact airborne VOC levels so that you do not have to guess when to put on respiratory protection. With the MultiRAE you work safer, more efficiently and more comfortably because you can go longer without respiratory protection with complete confidence you are working in clean air.
Easy to Use
- Compact size and light weight for use in tight confined spaces
- Easy one button calibration with auto zero capability
- Runs on alkaline or NiMH batteries or continuously when plugged into charger or optional 12V automotive adapter
- Available as diffusion unit or with internal sample draw pump
- Internal pump provides quick response and remote sampling with 10-12 hours of run time
- Programmable alarms can be changed on the MultiRAE or from the easy to use Windows® software
- Internal memory holds response factors for 37 common LEL gases and 60 common VOCs (with ability to program custom factors)
We have listed the most popular configurations, but an almost infinite list is possible. We have a downloadable configurator sheet that breaks out the various options, allowing you to "build" your own instrument. Please contact us via email
for a prompt, discounted quote.
Advisory: Please note that these are technical products. If you have need of training, or local support, please consider purchasing from a local distributor.