For a single gas monitor with constant readout of gas levels, consider the Draeger Pac 3500 H2S Detector.
Ideal for petrochemical sites, maritime, chemical synthesis, tank maintenance, and waste water facilities.
- Sensor range of 0-100 ppm
- Resolution of 1ppm
- Alarm set point: Low-10 ppm and High-15 ppm
- Accurate and durable
- Maintenance-free gas detection
- IP 67 water and dust proof
- Weighs only 4 oz. (without box)
- Two years continuous monitoring
- Rubberized housing protects from knocks and falls
- Comes calibrated with certificate
- Triple alarm: sonic, visual and vibration
- Strong alligator clip
- Built-In testing adapter
- Large LCD screen
- Backlit screen
- One-button operation
- Data logging
- Once monitor is turned on, it will stay on for the duration of the monitor’s battery life
Consider purchasing this item with an IR Reader to interface with the internal controls and data logging information.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.45|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||1.5000|
Battery Review by Ed Crawford
Can the battery be changed or does the entire unit get thrown away when the battery dies?
Edit: This is a 2 year disposable maintenance free H2S monitor. The battery cannot be replaced and the display does not show PPM level of H2S. It has a low alarm setting at 10ppm and a high alarm setting at 15ppm. The monitor lasts 2 years or produces 1,080 minutes (18 hrs) of alarm under normal conditions. (Posted on 3/17/2015)
Nice unit Review by Hollywood
Purchased this H2S monitor at a substantial savings from my last one. I like this brand, as it has a record of durability.
Wishing you continued success. (Posted on 3/4/2015)
MSA Altair Review by Pappapig
I have been using H2S detectors for over 30 years. I bought an MSA Altair 24 months ago and am very happy with it. Most in the past were the BW brand and I never had one last the entire time it was supposed to. (Posted on 11/10/2014)
very well made detector Review by John D.
This appears to be a very well made detector, but the fault is my own in
that I thought I was buying a detector that would be showing me the current
levels and not just a warning when the level got dangerous. (Posted on 5/5/2014)
Great service Review by Mayra Sanchez Garcia
It works like a charm
(Posted on 8/21/2013)
Happy Customer Review by Tabby
I rate this product a 4. I received it rapidly upon ordering. I would definitely use the site again.
(Posted on 6/4/2013)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Regular Price: $207.00
Sale Price $150.00As low as: $140.00
- Assuming the tank is a confined space you'll need a 4 gas monitor with a pump so you can perform an pre-entry check. The BW GasAlert Max XT II is a great option.
- We're making an assumption that you're referring to the display on the screen. 11 months is the remaining life of the monitor. It will continue to count down until it reaches zero, at which time it will shut down.
- These monitors require bump testing but do not require calibration.
- We do have instruments that can be used in situations such as you are describing. The most applicable would be the RKI Eagle. These are quite flexible, and the manufacturer is well accustomed to making custom configurations.
- The MSA Altair single gas monitors store event log information. Some of this can be accessed from the instrument directly. For a more complete download of available date, an infra-red (IR) reader is available, and software to use with your PC is a free download. Please see the instruction manual available at the bottom of this page.
- The clips for the MSA Altair H2S Monitor (Model #: 10092521) can indeed be purchased separately. There are two different types of clip for this monitor:
MSA Clip, Suspender Clip (standard) – Part#: 10040002 – This is the standard clip that comes with the gas all MSA Altair model gas monitors.
MSA Stainless Steel Clip, Suspender Clip – Part #: 10069894 – This is the slightly upgraded version of the standard clip, but is made from stainless steel.
We sell both versions.
- The MSA Altair single gas monitors leave the factory with a sticker indicating that you have 1 year to turn the unit on. Then a 2 year run-time after that. If you go past the initial 1 year period, the unit will still work. Once activated, it will have the usual 2 year countdown. Having waited, it is possible that the battery might run down before the 2 years are up. That said, battery life is quite dependent on how often the alarms go off, as this drains the battery. If the battery were to run out near the end, outside the 3 year (1+2) ‘life’ of the unit, MSA would likely not cover that under warranty.
- The MSA Altair Single Gas Monitor does not turn off once it has been activated. It will continuously be sampling the air for its entire two year life span. The time remaining for the monitor will be displayed on the screen.
- In order to download the datalogging information from the Altair, a Jeteye Infrared Reader (part #10082834) must be purchased separately.
The required software can be downloaded for free from www.msasafety.com.
- The MSA ALTAIR Single-Gas H2S Detector is designed to detect hydrogen sulfide.For non-commercial propane detection (for example a home application), the BOLO Combustible Gas Leak Detector 500A1200A is an excellent choice.Link: http://www.gassniffer.com/nova-systems-bolo-gas-leak-detector.html
- The sensor range of the H2S monitor is 0-100ppm with resolution of 1ppm.
- Thanks for your question. The sensor range for the MSA Altair H2S Gas Detector (10092521) is 0-100 ppm.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.