Filters and cartridges are sold separately. An Asbestos and Mold Full Face Combination is available which includes filters.
This Moldex respirator is exceptionally lightweight to accommodate the face protector needs of workers in diverse job environments. In fact, it is the lightest of all popular full face respirators on the market.
The full face ventilator weighs less than 12.7 ounces, providing all day comfort that makes workers more inclined to wear the protective facemask. Using innovative frameless construction technology, the reusable respirator is also designed for durability with harness straps molded securely onto the flange and a scratch resistant lens secured with a revolutionary over-molded flange design rather than clunky clamping found on other reusable respirators.
The affordable, reusable 9000 Series full-face breathing mask gets high marks for comfort with its slide-on head harness with wide opening and one finger ratchet fastening strap release system that makes it a breeze putting the mask on and off. The face piece also features a super wide, full face viewing lens which provides a larger field of vision.
With an exhale valve built-in and an easy lock system, attaching filters and cartridges to the breathing mask is a breeze.
Despite its sophisticated design, this lightweight respirator is easy to maintain. That’s because there are fewer parts to worry about and absolutely no metal parts. What’s more, the lens is easy to clean and its design eliminates scratching when the safety respirator mask is put down. All these features make maintenance of the Moldex 9000 Series Full Face Mask Respirator effortless and less costly.
- Accelerated Aging/Conditioning Tests: The full face mask respirator withstood temperatures of 160 degrees F and 90% relative humidity for 7 days AND negative 10 degrees below F and 10% relative humidity for 7 days.
- Lens Tests: The face shield lens did not get damage when a 1 pound, 1.63 ounce projectile with a pointed edge was dropped from a height of 50 inches. In addition, the lens remained intact when a 0.25 inch steel ball traveling at a speed of 250 feet per second hit it. The perfect scores achieved by this safety facepiece in these tests comply with the high impact eye protection standard under ANSI Z87 and other ANSI standards for safety glasses.
- Strap Cycle Tests: The respirator mask strap remained intact after it was put on and off 500 times. Plus, the harness, buckles and straps did not falter after a 10 pound weight was put on and taken off them more than 250,000 times.
- Exhale Valve Cover Cycle Test: After being opened and closed 15,000 times, the exhale valve cover on the respirator remained good as new.
- Cartridge Cycle Test: The cartridges used with this full face breathing apparatus were attached and removed 500 times, yet remained in tip-top shape.
From hazmat workers to auto body and refinishing workers to textile workers, the Moldex 9000 Series Full Face mask Respirator fits any job where odors and irritants are a concern. When it comes to inexpensive respirators for your own business or to meet your workplace respiratory protection program, there’s no better deal than this full face respirator.
No matter your occupational safety or environmental safety concerns, this lightweight facemask accommodates all types of filtering cartridges. It provides OSHA, ANSI and NIOSH compliant lung protection for employees in chemical manufacturing, foundries, aluminum processing, boat building, electroplating and jobs using paint, embalming fluids, adhesives, or other lung irritating odors. As a gas mask, it accommodates filtering cartridges that protect against hazardous gas and vapors.
For a user-friendly air purifying respirator, no other compares with the Moldex 9000 Series Full Face mask Respirator. It’s industrial safety gear that fits your compliance requirements and meets the wearability concerns of your workers. You might think that all this innovative technology and multitude of features would cost more, but in fact, this reusable full face respirator, complete with a tear away lens protector and reusable storage bag, is priced to meet your budget. Take the lead in your industry and equip your employees with the leading safety full face mask respirator for better workforce production and compliance.
Cartridges and Filters Sold Separately. We also sell a combination of this mask which will protect you from a wide range of fumes, vapors, and airborne particles.
Can be used with:
7600 Multi-Gas/Vapor Smart Cartridge
7940 P100 Filter
7920 Piggyback Adapter
Full Face Lens Protector Sheets
9001 - Small Full Face Respirator
9002 - Medium Full Face Respirator
9003 - Large Full Face Respirator
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||1.0000|
Pleasantly surprised Review by HeliMan
Bought this respirator on the recommendation of an on-line forum. Needed it for installing fiberglass insulation. It fits great, doesn't fog at all, great visibility. Highly recommended.
(Posted on 2/13/2014)
Good Item Review by Paul
Use this respirator for dealing with ammonium and its does a fine job.
(Posted on 8/21/2013)
Great Fit Review by Brian
The mask not only fit well but also worked extremely well! Thanks PK Safety!
(Posted on 8/21/2013)
Great Respirator Review by Earl
Customer service was beyond awesome! Medium size fit my face nicely, I am 5'9" and 205lbs. The fit is good and comfortable.
(Posted on 8/21/2013)
Great product Review by Nate
This mask fit perfectly and worked great. I'd definitely recommend it. Thanks guys! (Posted on 2/22/2013)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Regular Price: $21.00
Sale Price $18.35
Regular Price: $3.10
Sale Price $2.75
- Moldex sells a full face lens protector that works as a clear shield to be applied over the face mask. And, once you're done with the protector sheet, you can peel it off and the mask will remain clean from debris.
- Unfortunately no standard respirator will fit over a beard. If shaving isn't an option you'll need to go with a helmet system. The Pureflo ESM PAPR Helmet PRO2000 would be a great option.
- The clear lens of the Moldex 9000 series full face respirators is designed to absorb impacts, in much the same way safety glasses do. The lens meets ANSI Z87+ for high impact requirements.
- Standard glasses are not compatible with a full face respirator. The temples (part that goes over your ears) breaks the mask seal. Without a seal, contaminated air will take the path of least resistance, bypassing the filters or cartridges. Moldex, similar to other manufacturers of full face respirators, offers a ‘spectacle kit’ for their masks.
The Moldex 0098 spectacle kit hangs inside the mask, and is adjustable to make a comfortable fit. The idea is to take the frame provided in the kit to your optometrist. They make a set of lenses with your prescription and put them in the frames. A little bit of hassle, but the only sure way to have your glasses in combo with a full face respirator.
As an aside, it is not recommended that contact lenses be worn inside of a full face respirator.
- Filter (or cartridge) life varies widely, depending on what it gets exposed to. In the case of a dust particulate filter, the amount of dust in the air will have a huge impact on filter life. Lots of dust equals short(er) life, less dust equals longer. When breathing through the mask and filter combo, it should be fairly easy to inhale. As the filter becomes loaded with dust, inhaling becomes progressively harder. The filter is actually becoming more efficient, but there is a point at which the increased effort makes this problematic, and you need to change the filter.
In the case of cartridges, the activated charcoal absorbs the vapors, whatever they might be. When first used, you should not be able to smell the vapors, solvent for instance. High concentration of vapors equals short(er) life, etc. Once the cartridge is exhausted, the smell will break through. Once again, time to change.
When used in a combination of filter and cartridge, same thought process applies. Long way of saying it depends on how the product is used, and your mileage may vary… There is no hard and fast time limit.
- The sizing refers to the adult face. Small would be appropriate for a petite woman for instance. Whether it would work on a child is an open question, and is completely dependent on the size of the face. That said, these products are not intended for use by children.
- Companies like 3M and Moldex operate under the assumption that the majority of people have about the same sized face. Therefore roughly 85-90% of population will fit into a medium sized respirator. If you are one of the relatively small part of the population that fits into the small and large sizes, you already have an idea because of your previous experiences purchasing hats or safety glasses. And it sounds like you know this about yourself already.
Unless the girl you mentioned has a small face where glasses and hats need to be quite a bit smaller than most other folks, chances are she will fit a medium mask.
Because face shapes vary so much, the companies don’t have actual face size charts for their respirators. The only 100% for sure way of knowing the respirator is fitting perfectly is to do a Fit Test. This is a fairly involved process and usually only undertaken by large companies. But by covering the intake openings when you don your mask, you’ll get a good idea about the face seal.
The Moldex full-face masks are very comfortable and have a great soft seal that conforms to a wide range of face shapes.
- This Item: Moldex 9000 Series Full Mask Respirator
Moldex 7940 P100 Filter Disk (Pair)$6.40 As low as: $6.05
Moldex 7600 Multi-Gas / Vapor Smart Cartridge (Pair)$10.30 As low as: $9.75
Total Price $126.70
Total Price Excl. Tax: $126.70 Incl. Tax: $126.70
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.