If no gases are detected, each of the units will flash a green light. Should one of them encounter harmful levels of a gas, that X-zone sounds an alarm and flashes red. The units that aren't in direct contact with the gases will alert workers by sounding an alarm and flashing red and green LEDs. This way, while you may not be working near the gas leak, you'll know to find safety. Up to 25 X-Zone 5500 instruments can be connected at one time.
Despite it being incredibly portable, the Draeger X-zone 5500 was actually patented as a fixed gas detection system. You can plug one of the portable units in, or rely on the 24 ah battery version (5-1/2 days of operation) and not have to go through daily bump tests.
The X-zone 5500 is great not just because of the greater coverage area, convenience, and safety, but because it utilizes some of the best gas detection sensors in the safety industry. Draeger sensors feature unmatched accuracy and detection capability, with resolution and readings that are more precise than any other on the market.
X-zone features the option for having an integrated pump.
- Creates wireless fence line using up to 25 units
- 120 dB alarm in close proximity
- 5.5 days of continuous operation: 24 ah battery
- Compatible with Draeger X-am 5000 and 5600 multi-gas monitors
- Communicates through most walls and obstructions
- Emits audible alarm as well as flashing red and green LEDs
Drager 8324823 - 24 Ah battery (diffusion)
Drager 8324825 - 24 Ah battery (pump)
8320749 - Optional plug in charger, 100-240 VAC
Draeger X-zone 5500 Area Monitoring Gas Detection - Video
Draeger X-Zone 5000 Video Transcript
Hi this is Rick Pedley and welcome to PK Safety. Today we're going to show you the revolutionary X-Zone 5000 Area Gas Monitoring System from Draeger. The X-Zone is a brilliant approach to gas detection that makes walls, obstructions, and even distance less of a factor when detecting dangerous gas leaks. The unit works by inserting Draeger's easy to use X-am 5000 or 5600 multi gas detectors into the device.
00:27 The instruments work together, either in a stand alone configuration, or connected with multiple X-Zones. In a stand alone configuration, the X-Zone creates a secure area, or zone, of gas detection. This can help eliminate the need for expensive monitors for individual employees working within the radius of the X-Zone's detection field. Many companies use the X-Zone as a fixed permanent system, leaving one unit in operation while another charges nearby. When connected to multiple devices, the X-Zones can create a waterproof, wireless, transportable fence line of protection that can stretch over a huge coverage area.
1:01 The lightweight, portable devices communicate over a wireless network that allows up to 25 units to be connected together, up to a distance of 100 meters apart. A good connection can be maintained even without line of sight, such as around a corner, or through an obstruction, although the distance between the units will have to be somewhat reduced. Simply check that the signal light is green to ensure that the units are communicating. This makes the units great for detecting gas leaks in a multi-level building, while installing a pipeline, in an oil refinery, or in a whole host of industrial workplace environments. The X-Zone is also available with an integrated pump option, which allows for continual monitoring in difficult to access or confined spaces at distances up to 45 meters. The X-Zone 5000 gives you 120 hours of continuous operation and a 360-degree radius of gas detection.
01:51 When dangerous, toxic, or combustible gas is detected on one device, the green signal light turns red, and a 120-decibel evacuation alarm will sound. When one unit goes into alarm, all linked X-Zones will flash red and green in the direction away from danger. The flashing lights, coupled with the piercingly loud alarm, will make sure that even in noisy, industrial environments, there'll be no doubt that even dangerous gases are present. The X-Zone 5000 is a simple to use, rugged, and reliable unit that can be set up in minutes. If you're looking for a sophisticated, yet easy to use way to detect gases over a huge coverage area, the Draeger X-Zone 5000 may be the perfect solution for you. Thanks for watching. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call, or visit us online at pksafety.com.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||16.0000|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
- The X-zone system does require line of sight to achieve the full distance range. The units may communicate around and through some obstructions. For instance, they could work through something simple like a wooden fence, but our feeling is no chance it will go through a blast wall. As your question suggests, trying in an actual situation is really the only way to tell for sure. The pricing can remain the same on additional units.
- Draeger initiated a part number change from X-zone 5000 to X-zone 5500. The main difference is a software / firmware update to the ‘R2D2’ unit. Physically it’s the same. Still uses the same X-am 5000 or X-am 5600 gas detectors.
- 8/13/2014 - The item is in the process of being upgraded, the part number 5000 is being replaced with part number 5500. The 5000 is still available with a 5 day lead time. The newer version will be available in about 2 months (no fixed date has been provided yet).
- This Item: Draeger X-zone 5500 Area Monitoring Gas Detection
Miller MightEvac Confined Space SRL Tripod Hoist MR50GC-Z7/50FT$3,827.00
Draeger X-am 5000 Confined Space Gas Monitor and Kit 4543797$2,138.00
Total Price $10,247.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $10,247.00 Incl. Tax: $10,247.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.