The Rooftop Counterweight Anchor System is designed for use as an anchoring means for a personal fall arrest system (PFAS) for a person working on flat roofs or structures.
- 4 PVC-coated base plates
- 16 plates weighing 45 lbs each
- Base: cast iron
- Counterweights: galvanized cast iron
- L-bolts: steel
- OSHA and ANSI Z359.1 Approved
- Place the Rooftop Counterweight Anchor System at least 8 ft (2.5 m) away from any edge or opening.
- Personal fall arrest systems must be rigged to limit any free fall to a maximum of 6 ft. (1.8 m)
- Avoid working above your anchorage level since an increased free fall distance will result
- Avoid working where your line may cross or tangle with that of another worker or another object
- Do not allow the lifeline to pass under arms or between legs
- Never clamp, knot or otherwise prevent the lifeline from retracting or being taut, avoid slack line
- Should a fall occur, there must be at least 17 ft of clearance in the fall area to arrest the fall before striking the ground or other object
|Product Weight (lbs.)||742.00|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||745.0000|
|Safety Standard||OSHA, ANSI, CSA|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Regular Price: $1,416.00
Sale Price $1,269.00
This item is made as a personal fall arrest system, not a rappelling counter anchor unfortunately.
The counter weight systems can't be used in that way. It's only designed to arrest the fall of 1 worker. The set up you described increases the forces on the anchor point exponentially. You'll need a horizontal life line system which typically can handle 2 workers. This system will require 2 anchor points both rated to 5000lbs.
Only 1 person can be tied off to this system. It will not be able to support 2 or more people.
The counter weight system is designed for flat roofs only and would not work for this application. The minimal friction of the ribs may cause the system to slide. Please call one of our product experts on 1800-829-9580 for specific application recommendations.
The Capital Safety 2100185 Counterweight Anchor is intended to provide an engineered anchor point for use in a fall protection system. This means that the design is specifically engineered to be appropriate for you (or an employee) to tie off using a lanyard or SRL. The mention to a 5,000 lb rated anchor point is in reference to a non-certified anchorage. This is a very common means of explaining the strength needed for a tie-off point when setting up your gear for fall protection. We use this all the time when speaking with customers. Somewhat different, a certified anchorage (designed by a qualified person) need only be rated to 2 times the maximum arresting force, in the event of a fall. Kind of a different animal. To help further explain, I have included the 2100185 Counterweight Anchor instruction manual, and a bulletin from Capital Safety related to certified anchorage points.
- This Item: DBI-SALA Rooftop Counterweight Anchor System 2100185
BW GasAlert Micro 5 PID Replacement PID Sensor SR-Q07
Haws AXION eyePOD 7620 Faucet-Mounted Eyewash
Regular Price: $223.00
Sale Price $195.00
Total Price $4,017.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $4,017.00 Incl. Tax: $4,017.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.