The Quattro has four full-sized sensors to detect oxygen (and any serious atmospheric changes therein), hydrogen sulphide (H2S), carbon monoxide (CO) and the LEL of a variety of dangerous flammable/combustible gases (LEL). Should anything troublesome occur while you are on the job, the BW Quattro's 95dB alarm, vibration alert and an array of warning lights will let you know.
The BW Quattro is ideal for confined space entry and comes calibrated with a fully charged battery and ready to use out of the box. The Quattro we stock comes with changeable rechargeable batteries, offering hours of run time. Should it be needed, you can easily swap the batteries for alkalines in the field, though this does require purchasing the alkaline battery pack. A hex Allen screw keeps the battery in place until a change is needed.
If you're looking for a confined space entry gas monitor with an internal pump, consider the GasAlert Max XT II also from BW Honeywell. While the Quattro is slightly smaller and lighter (and also without pump) when compared to the GasAlert Max XT II, it is equally durable. What it lacks in pump, you can make up for with the Confined Space Accessory Kit, should you need this functionality.
As is standard across their range of toxic-gas detectors, BW Honeywell has implemented a one-button control system, designed for easy use even with gloved hands. The Quattro's simple, fool-proof interface means that you won't have to spend extended periods of time training your staff; properly charged and programmed, you can have full confidence that should anything untoward occur, they will know about it long before it becomes serious.
The Quattro is compatible with the MicroDock II for charging and data logging, as well as Fleet Manager II software, enabling you to customize the alarm boundaries (via the IR Data Link Kit, as found in the Deluxe Confined Space Accessory Kit) to match your company's safety standards. You can change the tolerance of various exposure times: Short Term Exposure Limits (STEL; 5-15 minutes), Long Term Exposure Limits (LTEL; ~8 hours) as well as high/low values for each gas to better suit your particular site needs.
Each unit comes individually packaged in a cardboard box that includes the 120V AC battery charger, operator's manual, cd-rom owner's manual, calibration/bump test adapter and 18 inches of clear pvc tubing, double-ended screwdriver (No. 1 Phillips-5/64 hex Allen) and factory calibration certificate.
Note: Calibration gas may be ordered separately. Due to HazMat regulations, calibration gas takes between 5-7 days to ship via UPS Ground and will not arrive at the same time as the monitor. Click on the link to view more calibration gas details. BW 4-Gas Calibration Cylinder.
Vehicle Power Adapter
- Size: 5.1 x 3.2 x 1.9 in. / 13.0 x 8.1 x 4.7 cm
- Weight: 11.15 oz. / 316 g (with rechargeable battery pack) - 11.92 oz. / 338 g (with alkaline battery pack)
- Temperature: -4 to +122F / -20 to +50C
- Humidity: 10 - 100 percent RH (non-condensing)
- Alarms: Visual (six red LED lights), vibrating, audible (95dB) - low, high, STEL, TWA, OL (over limit)
- Tests: Sensor integrity, circuitry, battery and audible/visual alarms on activation, battery (continuous), sensor (continuous)
- Pump: Compatible with the sampler motorized sampling pump
- Battery life: AA alkaline: 14 hrs (+68 to 122F / +20 to 50C) Rechargeable: 20 hrs (+68 to 122F / +20 to 50C) 18 hrs (-4 to +32F / -20 to 0C)
- Hydrogen sulfide (H2S): 0-200 ppm, 0.1 ppm (resolution)
- Carbon monoxide (CO): 0-1000 ppm, 1 ppm (resolution)
- Oxygen (O2) : 0-30.0 percent, 0.1 percent (resolution)
- Combustible gases ( percent LEL): 0-100 percent LEL 0-5.0 percent v/v, 1 percent 0.1 percent (resolution)
How Often Do I Need To Calibrate My Gas Monitor?
Gas Alert Quattro Manual
Custom calibrations are available direct from PK Safety. If you need custom alarms for your BW Quattro, we have technicians that can customize these settings to your exact requirements without delaying your order. Volume discounts starting at 6 units. Call us at 1-800-829-9580 for details.
Alternative Model: QT-XWHM-A-Y-NA - Alkaline version (NOT a stock item. Please call/email for pricing and availability.)
BW Honeywell GasAlert Quattro 4-Gas Monitor QT-XWHM-R-Y-NA - Video
GasAlert Quattro Video Transcript
Hi this is Rick Pedley and welcome to PK Safety. Today we're going to show you why so many of our customers have decided to trust their health and safety to the durable BW GasAlert Quattro 4-gas diffusion monitor. This portable, easy to use, multi-gas detector shares many of the same reliable features with BW's GasAlert Max XT II, minus the internal sample draw pump. The lack of a pump means the batteries are going to last longer and its robust construction means the GasAlert Quattro is equally as durable.
00:32 Diffusion monitors are meant primarily for open air environments, but if confined space entry should become necessary, the Quattro does have an available confined space entry accessory kit. This kit features everything you need to remotely sample air, and allows you to take advantage of the monitor's full range of capabilities. As with all BW toxic gas detectors, the GasAlert Quattro features a one button control system meant to be easy to use, even when wearing gloves. This simple, foolproof interface means you won't have to waste valuable time training your staff on complicated technology. The detector's Fleet Manager 2 software allows customized alarm settings to match your company's safety standards as well as compatibility with BW's MicroDock 2 for charging and data logging.
01:16 The Gas Alert Quattro features four sensors capable of detecting dangerous levels of oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, and the lower explosive levels of a variety of flammable and combustible gases. The detector's large, clear screen continuously displays gas levels and can be set to flip mode so you can easily read it while attached to your belt. Should you encounter troublesome gases, the Quattro's 95 decibel alarm, warning lights, and vibration will alert you immediately.
01:43 The BW GasAlert Quattro is a reliable, easy to use and durable 4-gas diffusion monitor. If you're looking for a superior detector to ensure safety for you and your team, the GasAlert Quattro just might be the perfect tool for you. Thanks for watching and as always, if you have any questions about the GasAlert Quattro, or gas detection in general, please feel free to give us a call or visit us online at pksafety.com.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||.8|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||1.3000|
|Gas Type||%LEL, O2, H2S, CO|
Built tough Review by Andy Tasman
Our team uses these monitors because they are more rugged than others we have tested. We have dropped them in the mud, run over them in the field and done other things to them we would never admit to HQ and so far they continue to work. Can't beat the large screen. (Posted on 3/29/2013)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
- The sensors are warrantied for 2 years from date of purchase however we find typically they last 5 years, the only exception being the O2 sensor which lasts 2-3 years.
- The BW Quattro gas detector from Honeywell has a large LCD screen that lights up when any of the buttons are pushed, and also when any of the alarms are activated.
It does not have a light sensor, that might automatically illuminate the screen in low light environments. While that might be a nice feature, conserving batteries for long run time is a more pressing concern.
- No, there aren't any instructions on use. You may refer to the manual that's provided under the "Descriptions" tab though that doesn't explain how to use the monitor.
- Yes. Replacement sensors are available here in the BW Quattro Sensors and Accessories Section of our site.
- The Quattro comes with a fully-charged battery and is calibrated and ready to use right out of the box.
BW Technologies by Honeywell recommends that the sensors be calibrated at least once every 180 days (6 months). Click here for more information about calibration frequency.
- The Alkaline battery pack (with batteries) is an easy order through our Customer Service. It's currently $50 and the part number is QT-BAT-A01.Please give us a call at 1-800-829-9580 for help ordering.
- This Item: BW Honeywell GasAlert Quattro 4-Gas Monitor QT-XWHM-R-Y-NA
DBI-SALA 7 ft. Confined Space Tripod and Winch 8300030$3,000.00 As low as: $2,711.00
Four Year Service and Protection Plan for BW Gas Monitors PKS-4YR$99.00
Total Price $3,768.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $3,768.00 Incl. Tax: $3,768.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.