Sample remote locations, bump test and calibrate the monitor, replace clogged filters, and access the monitor interface on your PC with this complete confined space entry gas monitoring kit.
Max XT II Confined Space Kit Features:
- Gas Alert Max XT II 4-gas detector
- Charging adapter for detector
- IR Connectivity Kit with Fleet Manager II software
- Quad-mix calibration gas
- 0.5 LPM regulator
- 3 ft. calibration hose with quick connect
- 10 ft. sampling hose with metallic particulate filter and quick connect
- 5 spare hydrophobic and particulate pump filters
- Sampling probe (GA-PROB1-1)
- Reversible screwdriver
- Hard-sided carrying case with foam case insert
BW GasAlert Max XT II Confined Space Kit XT-XWHM-Y-NA-CS - Video
Hi, this is Rick Pedly and welcome to PK Safety. Today we're going to look at the BW by Honeywell XT Gas Detector Confined Space Kit. This is a complete kit and I'd like to show you what's in the box. So when we open this up they do have a sheet that's going to tell you everything that's in it. But lets just take a look at what those items might be. Of course we have the gas detector itself, the BW XT. Now this is a motorized sample draw pump gas detector, measures 4 gases. All the usuals Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide, combustibles, that sort of thing, Hydrogen Sulfide. And comes pre-calibrated ready to use. Also has now an AC charger, this plugs into the wall, charges the battery. A little tool here, for taking things apart. A little tube, for pulling sample draw and there's another one we'll look at in a second. The calibration gas, now this is very important. This gas is pre-measured, allows you to both bump test and calibrate your instrument in the field, and it's quite easy, and full instructions here, not a problem. Also a regulator, half liter per minute, screws onto that calibration gas cylinder, allows the air to flow properly. There are some other items here, that are kind of smaller, so let me just show you what they are. First we're going to get some tubing that's quite a bit longer, allow you to go down, let's say in a manhole, vault, that sort of thing. We have some filters and these keep dust, schmotz, and water out of the instrument, that sort of thing. We also have a sample draw probe, now this is if I put this at the end of the hose, I can find some leaks or something like that. Then we also get the instruction manual. The full manual is here on a small CD-Rom. We also have the quick start guide and on the back here we have the calibration certificate. This is going to be calibrated at the factory it's going come with all the dates and so on and so forth of what is was calibrated to. Then lastly, I'd like to mention we have Fleet Manager 2. Now this software allows you to put this on your PC and download whatever the instrument sees for further manipulation, review, distribution, from all the people that might be interested in what's happening. And to facilitate that we have a little adapter, goes on the gas detector and a USB cable, goes standard onto a PC. It's a very complete kit and very popular. And if you have any questions about this or anything else we sell, please give us a call or visit us online at PKSafety.com.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||9|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||11.0000|
|Gas Type||%LEL, O2, H2S, CO|
Excellent value Review by Bob
We use it on a daily basis and it works great.
Bob (Posted on 8/4/2015)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
If you have some technical repair background, you should be able to replace the sensors with no problem following the instructions.
Price for replacing a sensor ranges from $120 to $165.00.
This particular unit can not be customized with different sensors. If you are interested in ammonia or chlorine, we suggest looking at this monitor:
- The smallest tank size for the calibration gas is 34 liters. Which is one of two options we sell on the site, 34L and 58L.
- Here are the measuring ranges for CO & O2:
CO: 0-1000 ppm (measuring range), 1 ppm (resolution)
O2: 0-30.0 percent (measuring range), 0.1 percent (resolution)
- Yes, these monitors are frequently purchased by Fire Departments. A few of our local FDs have them.
- That BW GasAlert MAX XT II does come with a calibration certificate. It’s usually in the pouch with the instruction manual and CD-ROM. It’s a white, credit card size certificate. If you are unable to locate it, all we need is the serial number to request a copy from BW (usually takes 2-3 days), and would be emailed. Also, please note that calibration is recommended at least every 180 days. More frequently is even better.
- The manufacturer’s warranty from BW Honeywell is 2 years. This covers the instrument and sensors. Sensors are the consumable part of your gas detector. The oxygen will pretty reliably wear out a few months after 2 years elapses. The others, LEL, CO and H2S, can last much longer. We have instruments in service with customers for many years. It is not unusual to have monitors come back for new sensors, with the gas detector itself being 5 or more years old. That said, losing the instrument or abuse in the field are the usual causes for replacement. We are a fully certified repair facility for BW, with factory trained tech staff on site.
- The BW Honeywell GasAlert Quattro is the best option for belt, carry on. This is the most durable diffusion monitor BW make, it was designed with oil rig workers in mind so it will definitely stand up to a little rain. As for a pumped monitor you’ll want to go with BW Honeywell GasAlert Max XT II. This also has a belt clip if required. The internal pump can sample up to a maximum of 75ft and will stall if the end of the hose is submerged. The unit also has a small water filter built in to prevent water intrusion.
- This Item: BW GasAlert Max XT II Confined Space Kit XT-XWHM-Y-NA-CS
RamFan UB20 Blower, Duct and Canister 15 and 25 ft.$594.00
DBI-SALA 7 ft. Confined Space Tripod and Winch 8300030$3,000.00 As low as: $2,711.00
Total Price $4,693.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $4,693.00 Incl. Tax: $4,693.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.