The GasAlert Extreme housing is very robust with an IP 66/67 rating for dust and water, and is concussion-proof to protect against drops and rough treatment. Both sensors and batteries can be easily replaced, so the life of the unit is virtually unlimited.
Exceptional battery and sensor runtime combined with durable technology and mechanical components make the GasAlert Extreme O2 monitor one of the best single-gas monitors for industrial workplaces.
- Measuring range of 0-30 percent
- Low alarm of 19.5 percent, high alarm of 22.5 percent
- Live digital readout of O2 levels
- IP 66/67 rated housing
- Tamper-proof passcode protection
- Multi-language and simple to operate
- Two-year replaceable battery and sensors
- MicroDock II compatible
- Compatible with hands-free Hard Hat Clip carrying accessory
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.2|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||0.7000|
Nice little O2 level monitor Review by FN
It takes around a week to arrive to the east coast. This one allows you to change batteries. So it will save some money in the long run. (Posted on 4/18/2014)
02 monitor Review by Eli
Arrived quickly. Works well. (Posted on 3/4/2014)
Gas Alert Extreme O2 Monitor Review by AST
I bought 2 of these monitors for working in confined space. They seem to work well, hold calibration, and recover quickly. I would recommend. (Posted on 1/21/2014)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
- We do offer calibration and repair services for all the brands of gas monitors we sell. Calibration service is currently $129.00 and is subject to change. The process is very simple, purchase a calibration service through our website or call our customer service team, then ship your monitor to us. Once received we'll calibrate the monitor and ship it back on whichever shipping method you requested.
- The BW GasAlert Extreme monitor measures and displays Oxygen per cent by volume in 0.1% increments. The range is 0-30.0% volume (0.1% volume increments). The GAXT-X-DL-2 instrument may be turned on and off as needed. This saves battery life, and the battery is replaceable once exhausted. The unit uses a 3 V lithium Panasonic CR-2PE/BN battery.
- The oxygen sensor on the BW GasAlert Extreme GAXT-X-DL-2 is replaceable. The part number is SR-X10-C1, and the cost is currently $135. Warranty on this oxygen detector is 2 years, including the sensor. The battery may also be replaced when it wears out, in approximately 1.5 years of use.
The O2 sensor is quite stable. This same sensor is used in the BW 4-gas monitors, and has proved to be quite reliable. For the most accurate readings, you may calibrate the unit. This can be done simply using clean air. If you feel that the air in your environment is not clean, you can also use a cylinder of so-called ‘zero’ air. In either case, this will allow very good repeatability.
- The GasAlert Extreme oxygen monitor can be calibrated in fresh air. The reason we also offer the option of calibrating with a cylinder of gas, is that some industrial locations may have (or be suspected of having) oxygen deficient (or rich) atmospheres. In that case, using a cylinder of so-called ‘zero’ gas means the user is assured of starting from ‘zero’ or 20.9% oxygen.
Part number for the ‘zero’ calibration cylinder from BW is CG-ZERO-34. This is a 34 liter steel cylinder. If this is something you are interested in, we should also make sure that you have the proper regulator. Steel cylinders have threads on the outside, or ‘male’ threads.
- The GasAlert Extreme GAXT-X-DL-2 comes with the oxygen sensor, complete and ready to use right out of the box. Also, this monitor will measure and display oxygen levels 0-30% by volume. The replaceable battery lasts about 1.5 years.
However, you did also ask about the data link option. We don’t feel this is a strong point of this unit. The software is somewhat out of date, and customers have not given us 100% positive feedback about using it. Something about using an older version of Excel, and the connection not being directly compatible with today’s computers.
In any event, we would suggest that you also consider the BW MicroClip XT gas detector. This monitor can be ordered with only the oxygen sensor. Part number is MC2-X000-Y-NA. This is an item we would have to order, so figure a week to 10 days til ship. We stock the 4 sensor version. The software and IR connection on the GA-USB1-IR works very well, and is up to date. As a further advantage, you may want to consider adding additional sensors. Carbon monoxide comes to mind on the chance you have equipment operating in the tunnel.
For either unit you choose, please also consider the calibration every 6 months to keep the units displaying accurate readings. Hopefully this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
- This Item: BW GasAlert Extreme O2 Single Gas 0-30 Pct. Monitor GAXT-X-DL-2
Miller Revolution Contractor Harness 650CN-BDP/UGN $143.00 As low as: $135.00
Miller MightEvac Confined Space SRL Tripod Hoist MR50GC-Z7/50FT$3,827.00
Total Price $4,214.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $4,214.00 Incl. Tax: $4,214.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.