The Extreme for ETO has three alarms to alert workers: a vibrating alarm, flashing lights, and an audible 95 dB alarm. Reliable BW sensors are protected with an extremely durable IP 66/67 rated housing. Perfect for rugged industrial worksites, the monitor will withstand most drops and bumps because of its concussion-proof construction.
- Measures ETO in the range of 0-100 ppm
- Live digital readout of ETO levels
- Impact-resistant, and IP 66/67 rated housing
- Replaceable two-year batteries and sensors
- Compatible with the MicroDock II for easy calibrations
- Compatible with hands-free Hard Hat Clip carrying accessory
- Steel alligator back clip
- Audible, visual, and vibrating alarms
GAXT-E-DL - Yellow
GAXT-E-DL-B - Black
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.4|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||0.7000|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Based on your inquiry, I checked with tech support at BW Honeywell. Here is the info they gave me regarding the sensor used in the BW GasAlert Extreme single gas monitor
The following cross-sensitivities have been measured on the 4ETO electro chemical sensor:
Ethanol 55% Methyl-ethyl-ketone 10%
Toluene 20% Carbon monoxide 40%
ETO sensors can be more problematic than most. Following is information I have gathered over the years regarding ETO sensors:
- The ETO sensor exhibits gross cross sensitivity to CO – which can be encountered in many workplaces, and gross cross sensitivity to alcohols which also may be commonly encountered; the sensor will also exhibit cross sensitivity to MEK, toluene and sulphur based gases.
- ETO sensors are unfiltered electrochemical sensors and are sensitive to changes in temperature, barometric pressure and humidity; covering the sensor port with a hand or thumb traps humidity and typically causes sensor response. Walking from one area to another can also cause instability; avoid breathing on the sensor, humidity in exhaled breath will cause the sensor to respond; avoid rapid movement. Allow the sensor approximately 30 to 60 seconds to stabilize in the atmosphere where it will be used; once stabilized the detector should recover normal operation
- When calibrating ETO sensors use a 1.0 lpm fixed orifice regulator; I believe what we learned yesterday, and from looking through some older information, following the practice of purging the regulator when attaching to the cylinder will help to minimize contamination of the calibration gas – I also saw a note from Bryan Robson (ex City) recommending the regulator for gases such as ETO should be dedicated to ETO use only and left on the cylinder until the gas has been depleted. Purge the regulator when starting with a new cylinder.
- When using the ETO cylinder be aware of the gas manufacturer’s warnings and take appropriate caution using calibration gas - BW Technologies by Honeywell ETO is available in a 58 liter non-refillable cylinder with 10 ppm concentration – in the event the entire 10 ppm x 58 liter cylinder accidentally released the entire contents into a room of fresh air that is 10’ x 10’ x 10’ the 10 ppm concentration would dissipate in the atmosphere to 0.02 ppm ETO
- If using the MicroDock II it is best to have a dedicated ETO system with one module; increase the MicroDock II pump speed to enhance gas delivery; use Teflon lined tubing from the cylinder regulator to the MicroDock II inlet. Calibration every 30 days, instead of 180, may also improve sensor stability.
- If sensor performance is in doubt conduct a quantitative BUMP test to confirm accuracy of response.
Regarding the GasAlert Extreme for EtO suitability for your application, the answer is a qualified yes. The battery will last being used continuously for months, but not years. Also, any portable gas detection device is a personal safety device and is not intended to be a laboratory-grade analytic instrument.
Bump testing and regular calibration of this monitor is recommended. A docking station is available to simplify and document this process. BW does manufacture “fixed” gas detection but nothing specific for the concentration you site for EtO.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.