Just turn on the device and it runs continuously — no need for calibration, sensor replacement, battery replacement or battery charging. That means great reliability and no downtime. With the two-year BW Clip for H2S, you can use the BW Clip Hibernation Case when you're not using it for a week or more and extend it's life by that period of time, up to 12 months.
Compatible with both the MicroDock II and the new Intellidox instrument management systems, the BW Clip is engineered to the highest standards of quality and reliability, keeping you safe and compliant. Use the hands-free Hard Hat Clip carrying accessory GA-HC-1 with any of the BW single gas monitors.
Custom calibrations are available direct from PK Safety. If you need custom alarms for your BW Clip, we have technicians that can customize these settings to your exact requirements without delaying your order. Volume discounts starting at 6 units. Call us at 1-800-829-9580 for details.
BW Clip Standard Features:
- Maintenance-free: no sensor or battery changes necessary
- Compact, lightweight design with one-button operation
- Designed for a range of harsh environments and extreme temperatures
- Hibernation mode with case accessory or IntelliDoX
- Automated self-test of battery, sensor and electronics
- Wide-angle flash, which alerts simultaneously with audible and vibrating alarm
- Automatic logging of the 35 most recent gas events and bump test results
- Compatible with MicroDock II and Fleet Manager II software
- Ip 66/67- can be submerged up to 1 meter
- Default Alarm Setpoints at 10 ppm and 15 ppm
- Alarm Setpoints range: 1.6 ppm to 20 ppm
- Detector measuring range: 0-100 ppm
- Affordable, with low cost of ownership
- Configuration of high and low alarm set points before the device is activated
- Adjustment of alarm set points and other parameters as needed throughout the lifespan
- Non compliance chirp indicator
- Configuration without activation
- Option to enable the noncompliance indicator, which flashes red when a bump test is due or a gas event occurs
- Option to display gas reading during alarm
- User settable bump test reminder
- 7-8 sec Bump test with no more than 1 minute purge
- Option to display the Real Time Clock
- Unique dual reservoir sensor design dramatically improves instrument performance, response time, and longevity compared to traditional electrochemical sensors and consistently delivers reliable instrument performance under the harshest environmental conditions
- Reflex Technology advanced automated self-test function routinely checks the operating condition of the sensor to increase safety, up-time, and overall worker confidence
BW Clip Specifications:
- Weight: 0.6 lbs.
- Temperature: -40 to 122 Degrees F
- Humidity: 5 - 95 percent RH (non-condensing)
- Alarms: Visual, vibrating, and audible
- Typical Battery Life: Two years
BWC2-H 2 Year H2S 10-15
BW Clip 2 Yr H2S Single Gas Detector BWC2-H - Video
Hi, this is Rick Pedley and welcome to PK Safety. Today we're going to be talking about the BW Clip by Honeywell. This particular model is their latest version: the BWC2-H for Hydrogen Sulfide or H2S. This unit is a simple and robust unit, and comes to you unactivated. So you have a period of time, sometimes as much as a year, to press one button. This button is going to turn the unit on at which point it's going to run for two years. You cannot turn it off, though there is an option for hibernating, which we'll talk about in a separate video. But in the mean time, you don't have to calibrate it, occasional bump testing is recommended. And if you do so, like I'm doing now, you press the button, it's going to display the parameters along with the visual, audio and vibrations alarms. So it's simple to use. Wear on your vest, or cord, or wherever it is. Somewhere in the breathing zone is generally recommended. And should there be an over exposure, this unit is going to alarm and protect your workers. So whether your're driving a truck in a oil field or working in a refinery, H2S is always a problem. And this is a very simple and robust way to take care of that. If you have any questions about this or any other product we sell at PK Safety, please give us a call or visit us online at PKSafety.com.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||.30|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||0.8000|
Improvements Review by alfred
BW needs to make a concussion boot for this unit, just like they had for the Clip Extreme . Doesn't make sense not to have this as an accessory! (Posted on 5/3/2016)
Good solid detector Review by Mike E
Our field service and technical engineers are quite pleased with this device. Shipped fast too. (Posted on 2/22/2016)
New industry standard for H2S Review by Joery
We have used the GA24XT for years. I understand this is its replacement so we bought 2 to try out. We find the screen is easier to read than the old version. We are going to be buying more and trying out the hibernation case. Very happy and fast delivery. (Posted on 7/22/2015)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Regular Price: $195.00
Sale Price $115.00As low as: $105.00
Regular Price: $195.00
Sale Price $115.00As low as: $105.00
To bump test the monitors manually you will need these items:
1) Calibration cap (which is included with the monitor)
2) http://www.pksafety.com/bw-regulator-contant-flow-reg-0-5.html (0.5 LPM regulator)
3) http://www.pksafety.com/bw-4-gas-calibration-mix.html (calibration gas)
You will get about 120 bump tests for a 34L bottle. And if you have any further questions, please contact our technical team at 1-800-829-9580, thank you.
- Yes, it still needs to be checked periodically. The functionality is pretty much the same as the old version.
- Yes, this unit has the following UL approvals
Class I, Div. 1, Gr. A, B, C, D Class I, Zone 0 , Gr. IIC
- This unit doesn't display the concentration of gas. It is set to alarm at 10ppm and will not activate at 1ppm. For a unit with a real time display please consider the BWC2R-H
- Yes, the countdown starts when the monitor is activated for the first time.
- These units have the same 1 year shelf life from date of manufacture. Please note after these monitors have been through the distribution process it's typical for them to arrive to an end user with 9 months shelf life remaining.
- This unit can't be turned off however the battery will last 2 years. The monitor does have a hibernation feature that can extend the life of the unit by 12 months. Hibernation requires the purchase of the hibernation case, please search our site for part CLIPHB-CASE for more information.
- That's exactly right. Simply throw then away after 2 years. They are classed as electronic devices so it's best to check with your local recycling center to see if there are any special disposal requirements before throwing them in the trash.
- The BW single gas detectors come with a heavy duty alligator style belt clip on the back. This clamp allows you to attach the gas monitor to just about anywhere on your clothing, or to a fall protection harness, for instance. The GAHC-1 hard hat clip is a separate accessory. This is a piece of hard black plastic the mount into the slot forum on most cap style plastic hard hats.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.