Low pressure air offers continuous flow protection, unlike pressure/demand styles. One of the benefits of an airline respirator is the almost complete absence of breathing resistance. The constant flow of air means that you don't have to draw air through a cartridge with lung power.
A unique over-the-shoulder hose design and an adjustable belt holds the hose out of the way. The lens is made from polycarbonate and meets ANSI Z87.1 requirements for high impact protection. Safety glasses are not required when using this mask. A wide field of distortion-free vision is offered, with anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings adding durability.
The suspension holds the mask comfortably on your head. 5-point adjustment with durable non-slip rubber straps are attached to a mesh hair net that provide support without pressure points. For many folks, this also means being able to wear a hard hat at the same time.
The silicone portion of the mask is hypoallergenic and resistant to many chemicals and ozone that attack rubber masks. A double sealing flange and deep chin pocket offer better than average face to mask seal.
Includes OBAC quick-connect plug with wide diameter opening for minimal air restriction. Especially useful when using low power ambient air pumps.
NIOSH Approval No. TC-19C-353. According to regulations of airline respirators, the hose must be only an Allegro approved airline hose up to the 'point of attachment' to maintain this approval.
Available Allegro Lens Protectors 9901-25.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||2.35|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||5.0000|
Comfortable and adjustable Review by Phillip Harris
Good fit - easy to use and really fulfills the need very nicely.
Pros: Comfort (Posted on 8/16/2013)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Regular Price: $137.00
Sale Price $124.50
- Yes, this is an excellent option for that application. Many spray booths all over the country are already using this system.
- This mask will not work if air isn't pumped to it. When used as a supplied air system it will not fog up.
- Per OSHA regulations all parts of a low pressure breathing system must come from the same manufacturer. Unfortunately this cant be incorporated into a Devilbiss system.
- The 9901 can't be adapted to accept filters. It is designed to be used with the low pressure breathing air system only.
- This airline respirator is not designed for underwater use. It will not function underwater and the diver wont have a way to equalize while wearing this mask.
- The Allegro 9901 full face airline respirator has a PortaCount fit test kit available. Part number is 9901-21, and it includes everything you need to hook up and use the PortaCount system with their mask. It operates in a negative pressure mode, using P100 (HEPA) filters and a special hose attachment.
- No dust filter would be required. Here is why: The Allegro 9901 full face airline respirator is used in conjunction with an air supply hose and compressor. The compressor is located in an area known to have clean air, free of fumes and excess dust. The ambient air is pushed down the hose to the user, who is working around heavy fumes, dust or vapors. This effectively isolates you from the source of contamination. I’ll note that this is not suited for use in areas that are Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health (IDLH). But for the work you have described, this system would be completely adequate, if used as directed. Also, when sand blasting, a hood of some sort will be needed to protect you and the mask from the impact of bouncing sand.
- The Allegro 9901 full face airline respirator, like any tight fitting facepiece, must maintain a seal to provide the intended protection. Wearing glasses that have the usual temples over the ear, will interfere with that seal, and allow unfiltered air to enter the mask. Allegro does offer a spectacle kit for this mask. Their part number is 9901-06. The idea is that you take your prescription and the kit to an optometrist. They make lenses to fit, the frame hangs inside the mask, close to the lens.
- Parts for this mask can be ordered through customer service. Please give them a ring at 1-800-829-9580.
- While the facemask lens is not replaceable on this mask, there are peel-away lens protectors available that protect against paint overspray.
- You're on the right track. Allegro has a sand blasting helmet that should suit your application better. Check out the Allegro Nova 2000 Sand Blasting Helmet. It includes a nylon cape, breathing tube, and constant flow valve. The other items - 9806 Allegro Ambient Air Pump and the 9100 hose are both appropriate for your use.
Both the hood and ambient air pump have a complete one year factory warranty.
- The Allegro 9901 mask requires a tight face seal to operate properly. A beard or other facial features that might hinder the mask seal to the face would create a problem in any fit testing.
Consider instead the 9901-D Tyvek hood unit which can be put over the head of the user and would not be affected by a beard or facial hair.
- The mask and hose are connected to an ambient air pump. The pump is placed in a clean air environment and pushes air to the mask.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.