|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||0.3000|
|Protection From||Most Dusts, Lead and Asbestos, Organic Vapors|
works great Review by Dave
The 3m 60921 P100 Organic Vapor Filter that I recently purchased work great in negating any odors when I melted lead and worked around vinyl paint. I would highly recommend this product. (Posted on 8/12/2014)
Organic vapor/particulate filter cartridge Review by James Sellier
"This cartridge fulfills dual functions for the work I do; cutting & gluing lots of wood in addition to periodic spray painting in between. I find it more convenient not having to switch between a particulate
filter and a vapor cartridge while going from one task to another."
(Posted on 8/15/2013)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
- This isn't an ideal cartridge for fiberglass. Please use the 3M 2097.
- Yes, the 3M 60921 cartridge will fit on the 3M 7500 half mask respirator. It will also fit all of the 3M 6000 series full face and half mask respirators.
- Unfortunately, 3M doesn’t make a filter specifically for isocyanates and isocyanates won’t be absorbed through carbon-lined filters. Your best bet would be to purchase a supplied airs system.
- The 3M 60921 contains a combination of activated charcoal and a P100 rated filter. This should work fine for mold. We generally prefer the 3M 60926 for its multi-gas capable cartridge. The particular way that the charcoal is treated allows it to absorb additional gases and vapors.
For instance, many folks working around mold will also use chlorine bleach. While household strength bleach is not terribly toxic, the acid gases do tend to irritate. The 60926 will absorb these acid gases.
Please also wear eye protection, such as tight fitting goggles, or even a full face respirator. The mold spores are always looking for a warm moist home, and your eyes fit the bill! In addition, chlorine, as mentioned above, will attack (however gently) mucous membranes.
- Unfortunately, the answer is no. There is no filter or cartridge that we know of which will protect against hydrogen sulfide. Your only real option, other than ventilation, is an airline respirator which supplies air from a remote, clean air environment.
- Without more information about the solder machine, the type and quantity of the hazards, and the products you are using to clean the instrument, it’s difficult for us to be sure this is the right cartridge for you. But we can explain how to tell if your cartridge/filter needs to be replaced. The 60921 cartridge has two components– the particulate filter on the outside for airborne debris, and the activated charcoal to absorb the toxic smell in the cartridge.
If the filter fills up, it will be difficult to pull a breath through. This type of filter start to get clogged, but won’t let any particles through to your lungs, which is important. As the filter gets full, it becomes more and more difficult to suck in a breath. When that happens, it’s time to replace the cartridges.
The second phase is the activated charcoal. It will absorb as much of the organic vapor and bad odors as it can, but once it’s full, those vapors will start to make their way past. If you begin to smell the air you’re trying to keep out, you’ll know the cartridge is full and it’s time to replace them.
Because you use these filters several times a day, it’s especially important to keep them protected when not in use. Store them in a zip-lock plastic bag to keep the cartridges from any ambient vapors around your facility. For more information click here: Getting the most from your respirator cartridges.
- Yes. This combo filter has activated charcoal inside the cartridge to absorb organic vapors like paint thinner or fuel vapors, along with a range of other bad smells. On the outside of the cartridge (under the pink cover) it has a top-of-the-line P-100 filter to keep out particles and dust down to .3 microns.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.