3M 60926 Multi-Gas P100 Cartridge (Pair) - Video
3M 60926 Multi-Gas Cartridge Video Transcript
Hi this is Rick Pedley, and welcome to PK Safety Supply.
Today we're going to be looking at the 3M 60926 Multi-Gas Vapor Cartridge with P100 filter. So this is a stacked cartridge, and what we mean by that is that there are different layers to it.
It's going to come in a sealed bag. I've opened it here just to ease things along. The cartridge on the bottom is the muti-gas cartridge. It's available separately as the model 6006, and then on top of that they've put a P100 filter. So what this does is give you a combination of things. First is the multi-gas cartridge, which is really cool because not only does it do organic vapors, but it also covers several other varieties of cartridge. This is the ammonia, acid gas -- two of the big ones that really come to mind, as well as the organic vapor cartridge all in one. So you can get a full spectrum really easily, and it's good for a lot of things, especially when you aren't totally sure what you've got.
We add to that a P100. "P100" is the new or current term for HEPA. So it's going to take out very small particles, that is 99.97% of particles that are .3 microns or larger -- that's exceptionally small.
So, when we're thinking of a lot of hazardous applications, this is the filter to use. I think for a home owner, it's going to be something along the lines of burning or heat gunning of lead-based paint. But more often than not, this is going to be sold into an industrial application. In those situations, you should be careful… cartridges can't do everything. If it's overwhelmed -- if there's too much of a particular contaminant in the cartridge, it can't absorb it because it absorbs a lot like a sponge.
The other thing that's kind of interesting about these is because you have two layers, it is relatively more difficult to breathe through than if I was going to be breathing through just a cartridge or just a filter. So I generally would only recommend this to people who need two layers. It's not just like, "Oh, I get more protection, so I'll wear two layers." You may actually find that breathing through this is actually a bit of a burden -- keep that in mind when you're deciding which cartridge you're going to use.
This model's very popular. Sell a ton of these things. It's a very interesting device… they go on to the 6000, both half mask and full mask respirators from 3M, and also the 3M half masks 7500. This is a bayonet connector -- quarter turn puts it on -- each mask uses two cartridges. The larger portion, toward the back of the mask, keeps them out of your view and makes the balance of the mask quite a bit better.
Great application, good product. We sell a ton of 'em! Thank you very much.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||0.7000|
|Protection From||Most Dusts, Lead and Asbestos, Organic Vapors, Mold, Chlorine (Bleach)|
Everything was great Review by Lillian
Everything was great. The products held up nicely, the sizes fit for both of us but most of all, the combo of the mask and the filter that was suggested to me for both cat urine and "debris" was perfect. I had to shift the mask off my face as it started to hurt my nose and in that one second could smell the overpowering smell in the room. These masks and filters were perfect (sizes fit well for both of us). When on, I could smell nothing and felt my lungs were protected. My only suggestion to the manufacturer of the coveralls would be to have elastic band on the wrists. There were roaches and I worked slower on this clean-up than I should have been so roaches would not crawl up my arms. Rubber bands I brought were either too big or too tight. Otherwise, I felt very well protected, but the smell of cat urine did remain on my old sneakers which I planned to throw away anyway. My sister put 2 plastic bags on her sneakers before placing the coveralls on and that helped preserve her sneakers. No odor was transferred...and you can not blame the cats.....my sister never picked up their mess and they do not want to be in that apt either. They were running around happy in their new cleared, clean space. (Posted on 10/8/2015)
No bad air Review by Bouger
Did exactly what I wanted. No paint smell comes thru at all. Will purchase this product again. (Posted on 11/14/2014)
3M 60926 Review by kholm
Cartridges do a great job of keeping lead dust from my lungs. I've used 3M cartridges before and they all work great. (Posted on 4/24/2014)
Nice product! Review by Dave
Light, great breathability. Very satisfied with functionality. (Posted on 2/19/2014)
3M CARTRIDGES Review by Cactus Kid
The order was delivered in time. Great experience. (Posted on 10/1/2013)
Organic vapor/particulate filter cartridge Review by James Sellier
"This cartridge fulfills dual functions for the work I do; cutting & gluing lots of wood in addition to periodic spray painting in between. I find it more convenient not having to switch between a particulate
filter and a vapor cartridge while going from one task to another."
(Posted on 8/15/2013)
P-100 Review by Mark Jonckheere
P-100 cartridge was excellent for the intended use. I had no problems breathing through the filter. Excellent choice!
(Posted on 8/15/2013)
Easy breathing Review by Carey
Not too heavy!
(Posted on 8/15/2013)
Great choice Review by Tony L.
These cartridges were great for my intended use. I had no problems breathing through the filter. I'll purchase these again from Lead Mask when needed. The price is great and the shipping was very fast.
(Posted on 2/28/2013)
Protection from everything Review by Henry Goth
I called customer service and asked them what would protect me from the most stuff. This is what they suggested. So far so good. I have used them to bleach my bathroom and with a heatgun on old paint. I don't smell anything bad with them on. The guy on the phone said to keep them in a ziplock bag when not in use to make them last longer. (Posted on 2/26/2013)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
- Per 3M's selection guide, this one is best for Cyanoacrylate.http://www.pksafety.com/3m60mulcar.html
- In order to answer this question definitively we would need to know the exact chemicals / fumes you're trying to protect yourself from. However in our experience this filter will typically protect from most household paint / floor finish products.
- Yes, this filter will fit that mask. Most 3M filters and masks are interchangeable.
- This filter should be suitable for your application. The cartridge will need to be changed every 30 days regardless of use.
- This filter has NIOSH approval for the following contaminants: Certain organic vapors, chlorine (bleach), hydrogen chloride, chlorine dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide (escape only) ammonia/methylamine, formaldehyde* or hydrogen fluoride.
- These filters have a maximum life of 30 days, they can be reused in that time frame however they may become blocked with contaminants before the 30 days is reached in which case they would need to be replaced sooner.
- I think it is important we all know a little bit about isocyanate. It is a powerful irritant of the mucous membranes, the gastrointestinal tract, and the respiratory system. You can neither smell nor taste the isocyanates so there is no way to know whether or not you have been exposed.
Isocyanates are also sensitizers. This means though your first reaction may have been mild, subsequent exposures will become more and more severe. Some reported sensitized reactions have been so severe that they resulted in death. Isocyanate is not something to mess around with.
It is said that you may use the organic vapor cartridge 6001 for a brief period, but this period is not specified, and depends on the concentration. Since you can neither smell nor taste the isocyanates, there is no possible way of knowing that breakthrough has occurred.
For this reason, PK Safety does not recommend the use of cartridges for isocyanates. Instead we recommend using the Allegro airline respirator. This will deliver you fresh air from outside of the work area instead filtered air from your immediate vicinity. This is the only real way to ensure that you are not exposed to isocyanates.
- Yes, the 3M 60926 cartridge will fit on to the 3M 6300 half face respirator. Also, the 60926 would be the correct choice for cigarette smoke and vapors. The P100 (HEPA) filter portion of the combination cartridge will trap the smoke particles. The multi-gas cartridge layer will absorb the virtually all of the chemical vapors generated by burning whatever it is that is inside of a typical cigarette. Usually this is more than just tobacco, and the chemical soup is quite varied.
- The 3M 60926 would be a correct choice for the melting lead fumes. The P100 (HEPA) filter will trap the fume particulates, while the cartridge will absorb whatever organic vapor nasties might be hitching a ride with your lead feed stock. We have customers using old tire weights or spent bullets from a firing range for all sorts of projects. On the epoxy vapors, the multi-gas cartridge part of the 3M 60926 should work just fine. However, epoxy resin and hardener can cover a lot of different chemical compounds. Best advice is to ask for the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) to see what you are up against. And, as always, good ventilation will aid in protecting you!
- The 60926 combination P100/multigas cartridge will work for the Hydrofluoric acid. However, it should be used with a full face respirator such as the 3M 6800, as the acid will attack mucous membranes. Also, please be mindful of the concentration, as cartridges can be overwhelmed. Good ventilation is always a good idea. We have no cartridge for Nitric Acid. A supplied air respirator must be used at a minimum, once again with a full face mask.
- The 3M 60926 multi gas HEPA combination cartridge has a stated shelf life of 5 years. This is marked on the outer case of 30 pairs, and on each individual package of 1 pair.
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.